Windows 10: Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

Discus and support Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I set the Windows PIN on my laptop but did not choose the other sign-in options, so opening the laptop is limited to Windows PIN. I locked the device... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LeiUntalan Quidem, May 19, 2022.

1. Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

I set the Windows PIN on my laptop but did not choose the other sign-in options, so opening the laptop is limited to Windows PIN. I locked the device using my Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I mixed up my PIN and forgot what it was. Now I can't log into my laptop anymore. I already reset the PC while keeping my files. I thought that will work but still didn't. When the laptop rebooted, it still led the PIN sign-in requirement. What do I do?

:)

LeiUntalan Quidem, May 19, 2022

2. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, May 19, 2022
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, May 19, 2022
  4. jstock92 Win User

Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

Windows 10 PIN reset not working

I have clients connected in a hybrid azure ad environment. Some users are unable to use the 'I forgot my PIN' option in Settings > Accounts > Sign in Options > Windows Hello PIN

When you click on 'I forgot my PIN' it loads for 2 seconds, then does nothing.

I have the Microsoft PIN Reset Client & Production enterprise apps correctly installed and the device policy successfully deployed to the affected clients. This only happens on a couple of clients, the rest work perfectly fine.

Any suggestions?

jstock92, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

1. Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work. - Similar Threads - Locked device Microsoft

2. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?: By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on my Microsoft account?...
  3. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?: By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on my Microsoft account?...
  4. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.: I think it is a windows issue with my dell laptop. Would not boot up as it would not recognize any hard driveS So did a reset. Now when pc is turned on the pin screen shows up, which is what I have used for years. But will not accept my pin. It states "can not verify". If I...
  6. Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.

Pin not verified. Forgot pin does not work.: I think it is a windows issue with my dell laptop. Would not boot up as it would not recognize any hard driveS So did a reset. Now when pc is turned on the pin screen shows up, which is what I have used for years. But will not accept my pin. It states "can not verify". If I...
  7. Device locked from Microsoft Account.

Device locked from Microsoft Account.: I've locked my windows 10 device from my microsoft account for testing purpose. It has blocked all local user's to login in my device. In my device, it automatically preselect a local user to login. But now, when I click the login button with my administrator account, it...
  8. Device locked from Microsoft Account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Device locked from Microsoft Account.: I've locked my windows 10 device from my microsoft account for testing purpose. It has blocked all local user's to login in my device. In my device, it automatically preselect a local user to login. But now, when I click the login button with my administrator account, it...
  9. Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.: I set the Windows PIN on my laptop but did not choose the other sign-in options, so opening the laptop is limited to Windows PIN. I locked the device using my Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I mixed up my PIN and forgot what it was. Now I can't log into my laptop anymore. I...
  10. Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.: I set the Windows PIN on my laptop but did not choose the other sign-in options, so opening the laptop is limited to Windows PIN. I locked the device using my Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I mixed up my PIN and forgot what it was. Now I can't log into my laptop anymore. I...