Windows 10: locked thum drive doc's/locked word documents

Discus and support locked thum drive doc's/locked word documents in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello: As the title suggests I am currently suffering from the latest update of Microsoft word. It is now 3:51 in the am and this is when I do most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BeckyJohnston1, Oct 17, 2018.

1. locked thum drive doc's/locked word documents

Hello:

As the title suggests I am currently suffering from the latest update of Microsoft word. It is now 3:51 in the am and this is when I do most of my work, yet I am currently here and not being productive.

This PC is a 10 and running edge which is ok I guess but my problem is as I understand it is Word will not let me read my locked documents and this was ok as I could work around that fact. BUT, this morning as I was working off of a thumb drive I find documents on it locked. Well that was ok but somehow my open office is not available as a work around. How did Microsoft accomplish this feat?

So I go on line courtesy of google and I find out that to get rid of word or office or what ever I now have to purchase a license? I just want the community to know I never purchased any, have to pay for Microsoft, apps, in fact I don't think I have ever used one. I am one of those free loaders I guess but just because Microsoft stuff came loaded on this PC does not give license to Bill Gates/Paul Allen(rip) or any CEO the right to extort money out of me to get rid of their product that they updated as a standard update.

Well that's my rant and the only fix I can comprehend as of now is to save what I can save and hard set this computer. And, that would be acceptable except that with word already locking up the thumb drive's documents it appears to me that what I am actually dealing with is a Microsoft virus and I am going to have to pay to get rid of it. Talk about ransomware and extortion and all this from a company that is supposed to be reputable.

So is there any fix's to my predicaments or do I just crash this thing and run a different operating system or just degauss this thing and sell it and purchase a Mac computer?

:)

BeckyJohnston1, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Horrux Win User

New partition. Old "documents" locked?

How do I unlock them?

I just made a new bootable on my SSD, and of course all my games and docs are on other drives. "My documents" is now locked to write and erase...

Horrux, Oct 17, 2018
  3. sttubs Win User
    accidental Word doc closed

I was working on a Word doc (office 2007) & accidentally closed the document. Am I totally screwed or is there a way to recall it?

sttubs, Oct 17, 2018
  4. locked thum drive doc's/locked word documents

I can't edit my word doc 16 because it's locked.

How do you unlock editting options on a word doc 2016 when there is no other author but yourself? It shouldn't be locked anyways.

tonzasimmons, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

locked thum drive doc's/locked word documents

1. locked thum drive doc's/locked word documents - Similar Threads - locked thum drive

2. How to get rid of screen that automatically drops down in Word and *locks* access to word docs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of screen that automatically drops down in Word and *locks* access to word docs.: Screen says "your microsoft account brings everything togeter:. No x to close, just goes to another screen about MS. Cant close word. Have tried lots of things. Help! I just want Word back! And these screens gone!...
  3. How to get rid of screen that automatically drops down in Word and *locks* access to word docs.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of screen that automatically drops down in Word and *locks* access to word docs.: Screen says "your microsoft account brings everything togeter:. No x to close, just goes to another screen about MS. Cant close word. Have tried lots of things. Help! I just want Word back! And these screens gone!...
  4. documents locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    documents locked: I can't change or print my documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-locked/9cbea7cd-d42b-430e-ab58-3e2ed32e7c3a
  5. documents locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    documents locked: I can't change or print my documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-locked/9cbea7cd-d42b-430e-ab58-3e2ed32e7c3a
  6. Locked documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked documents: Windows 10, version 20H2, build 19042.985 Hello, whenever I create or rename a document or a file, it gets locked. It doesnt affect anything but its kinda annoying because it has never happened before. Can I somehow disable it? 180242
  7. locked documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    locked documents: I am the administrator and sole user of my laptop yet sometimes I am unable to open a document because ' it is locked for editing by another user' or ' it is locked for editing by Elaine'. What can I do?...
  8. Locked docs

Locked docs: How can I unlock docs where there is no task bar or anything but locked doc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-docs/b53c8a44-2085-44c8-97bc-acc26419c268"
  9. WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it.

WORD document "Locked for editing." Can't unlock it.: I’m working on a document in Microsoft WORD. I just opened it and it says “Locked for editing.” So I can’t do anything with it, and I don’t know how to unlock it. The WORD program I’m using is I think WORD 2003. At least I know it’s old, but it has been working perfectly all...
  10. Locking a Word document. How to?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Locking a Word document. How to?: I am running Office 2016 on my Windows 10 Pro PC and have created a Word document I want to protect. I am the owner of the document and the administrator of the PC. So whats the easiest way to block access to the file? 122728