Windows 10: Locked up slow desktop

Discus and support Locked up slow desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop is running something all the time. I tried to locate what was running and got an error code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnStoll, Feb 11, 2019.

1. JohnStoll Win User

Locked up slow desktop

My desktop is running something all the time. I tried to locate what was running and got an error code: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\MaintenanceDiagnostic.xml 0x80070005

:)

JohnStoll, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Caring1 Win User

Throttlestop overclocking Desktop PCs

Has anybody worked on that suggestion of putting together a list of unlocked CPU's?
    I've got an E.S. E5-2650 that appears to be locked and the BIOS on the Motherboard is locked down even tighter.
    I would like to play with it without buying a new board, CPU's can be cheaper.

Caring1, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Locked up slow desktop

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Locked up slow desktop

1. Locked up slow desktop - Similar Threads - Locked slow desktop

2. Slow desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow desktop: When I put in my PIN to turn on my desktop,it takes forever to load.How do I make it faster?It is a HP 19. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-desktop/7470880a-3caf-4429-8c7c-a5ca8c604713
  3. Locking the desktop

Locking the desktop: In Windows 10, is there a way to lock the positions of the icons on the desktop? It seems that certain small changes can scatter them all over, seemingly at random. It's a bother to manually reposition them all. I've made it a little easier to recover by taking a screen...
  4. Slow Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow Desktop: After 1 month holiday, my Desktop is very slow. How can I check or make it faster? submitted by /u/Waste_Today8219 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0699z/slow_desktop/
  5. locked desktop

locked desktop: I'm using a Lenovo with windows 10 and when I let the unit sit idle weather it is the desktop or a solitaire game open the mouse cannot close the game or do anything. I have to do the ctl-alt del and either select task master or just hit cancel and then I can begin using the...
  6. Slow lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow lock screen: When I turn on my computer (or restart) the lock screen takes about 5 minutes before I can finally enter my password. After it starts, it takes another 5 minutes before I can do anything. I disabled programs running on startup, and that seemed to slow it down even more. I...
  7. Desktop Icons Very, Very Slow To Load From A Cold Boot and File Explorer Locking Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Icons Very, Very Slow To Load From A Cold Boot and File Explorer Locking Up: I have Windows 10 Pro 1909. I did a fresh install about a month ago and until recently, my computer was very responsive. I have an SSD boot drive and an Intel I7 processor. Boot times were very fast. Then, without warning, I booted up my computer yesterday and none of the...
  8. Windows 10 Locks Up When Booting To Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Locks Up When Booting To Desktop: Windows 10 64 bit with latest build 1803 and updates Sometimes when I boot my desktop machine, the OS freezes after the desktop icons appear. My machine is slow so I know there are still services launching because not all of the icons appear in the hidden icons drop-down in...
  9. Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up

Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up: Hi, I'm having a strange issue that could be simple to fix, or could be something much worse. I bought this laptop a few years ago, installed a SSD, and received random BSOD's once in every 2-3 weeks maybe, so I just put up with it. But the SSD has eventually stopped...
  10. WinUpdate KB4022405 Messes Up Desktop, Slows Performance

WinUpdate KB4022405 Messes Up Desktop, Slows Performance: Hi folks, All was fine until this bear was installed: 2017-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703. Shortcut Arrows appeared on left monitor, not on right. Fixed with WinAero. Icons reduced in size on right monitor, not on left. Fixed with WinAero. Icon fonts changed...