Windows 10: Locking a folder against ransomware

Discus and support Locking a folder against ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can a folder be locked, with password protection, to block encryption ransomware from changing it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArmchairThinker, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Locking a folder against ransomware

Can a folder be locked, with password protection, to block encryption ransomware from changing it?

:)

ArmchairThinker, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Locking a folder against ransomware

1. Locking a folder against ransomware - Similar Threads - Locking folder against

2. Protection Against Ransomwares

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186
  3. MSE for Windows 7 protect directories/files against Ransomware?

MSE for Windows 7 protect directories/files against Ransomware?: Over the last update of Windows 10 ( Fall Creators Update) it seems possible to protect users directories and files against Ransomware. Why this functionality is not available over the MSE program settings on Windows 7 ? Or if it is how to enable it ? Vincent....
  4. Ransomware cotrolled folder access

Ransomware cotrolled folder access: Hi I'm not able to turn on "controlled folder access", the option to turn on is greyed out, any idea thanks Costa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-cotrolled-folder-access/ad891b77-bbb7-4451-a6d6-98a94127d524
  5. Bug in Ransomware Protected Folders?

Bug in Ransomware Protected Folders?: I have a list of 13 folders (from different drives) in the Ransomware "Protected Folders" feature. Although the feature can be disabled completely, while enabled I can only remove 2 of the "Protected Folders" on the list. I cannot remove/delete the others. I tried...
  6. Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig

Microsoft warns for “Criminal case against you fax” ransomware campaig: Thought I might put this out for our members interest..... Read the full article here: 70066
  7. RansomFree is the free program that protects your PC against ransomwar

RansomFree is the free program that protects your PC against ransomwar: Although there are programs to protect against ransomware, the best option still remains back up your files & make system images. *Wink Hoping to stop ransomware in its tracks, security firm Cybereason announced a new anti-malware security program on Monday called...
  8. New Windows 10 security features protect against ransomware

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 security features protect against ransomware: Recent ransomware threats, summarized in a new Microsoft report, highlight the need for advanced security. Windows 10 integrates next-gen security features that protect against ransomware, including multiple exploit mitigations, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection...
  9. Defending against ransomware with Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    Defending against ransomware with Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Ransomware is one of the latest malware threats that is attracting an increasing number of cyber-criminals who are looking to profit from it. In fact, in the last 12 months, the number of ransomware variants have more than doubled. Its premise is deceptively simple: infect...
  10. Next-gen security on Windows 10 proves resilient against ransomware

in Windows 10 News
    Next-gen security on Windows 10 proves resilient against ransomware: Adopting reliable attack methods and techniques borrowed from more evolved threat types, ransomware attained new levels of reach and damage in 2017. The following trends characterize the ransomware narrative in the past year: Three global outbreaks showed the force of...