Windows 10: Locking a keyboard language.

Discus and support Locking a keyboard language. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can change the Keyboard language English Australia US via the taskbar icon or Windows/Spacebar but how do I get it to keep that setting? - It reverts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AllanChes, Feb 15, 2022.

1. AllanChes Win User

Locking a keyboard language.

I can change the Keyboard language English Australia US via the taskbar icon or Windows/Spacebar but how do I get it to keep that setting? - It reverts to English Australia UK when I restart the computer, so some characters typed do not match what in on the keyboard.Allan

:)

AllanChes, Feb 15, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Feb 15, 2022
  3. Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Locking a keyboard language.

On-Screen Keyboard language

Hi,

Follow the steps below to change on-screen keyboard language.

How to add a keyboard layout in Windows 10.

• Click Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Time & language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • Click the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to.
    • Click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard.
    • Click the keyboard you want to add.
    How to change the keyboard layout in Windows 10.

• Press and hold the Windows key
    • Press spacebar.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Locking a keyboard language.

1. Locking a keyboard language. - Similar Threads - Locking keyboard language

2. Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen: I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt appear as a perfect icon that mixes with the theme. Instead as a weird white little box in the upper part of the screen. I...
  3. Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen: I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt appear as a perfect icon that mixes with the theme. Instead as a weird white little box in the upper part of the screen. I...
  4. Locking a keyboard language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locking a keyboard language.: I can change the Keyboard language English Australia US via the taskbar icon or Windows/Spacebar but how do I get it to keep that setting? - It reverts to English Australia UK when I restart the computer, so some characters typed do not match what in on the keyboard.Allan...
  5. Keyboard language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard language: Hello, so my pc just automatically adds English (USA) for my keyboard, and i am wondering if you can stop it from doing this. submitted by /u/BossManOnePro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltj180/keyboard_language/
  6. Keyboard language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard language: Logitech keyboard starting up in English US and I am having to change on boot to English UK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-language/8acdc6e4-0f44-48df-a638-40fa75c93065
  7. Keyboard Language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keyboard Language: At the moment , when I set up my computer I put US/English for the keyboard. Now I don't know how to change it to Australian keyboard or where to go. !! I'm just hoping someone can help me please. Sally McAllister *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Language on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language on keyboard: My language settings for my keyboard are giving me french letter accents I have it set to English Canadian then I accidentally added Canadian Multilingual Standard I have tried to remove it but in settings but when I click remove nothing happens I have reset the keyboard with...
  9. language keyboard

language keyboard: All of sudden my windows changed to Arabic on all my windows devices. Now the Arabic keyboard stays on first place as main language and I can't remove it because the remove button is inactive. How to remove the Arabic as an option and how did it come out as a main language?...
  10. Keyboard languages

Keyboard languages: Hi guys ! I have mistakenly added Portuguese language for my keyboard, when in fact it should be Portuguese (ABNT2). It happens that I cannot DEKETE the mistaken one already added. How can I do that ?...