Windows 10: Locking an open application from being closed on guest account

Discus and support Locking an open application from being closed on guest account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to run an application on a guest account that will be shown on a secondary monitor. My hope is that there is a way to keep anyone using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PD IT1854, Sep 4, 2018.

1. PD IT1854 Win User

Locking an open application from being closed on guest account

I need to run an application on a guest account that will be shown on a secondary monitor. My hope is that there is a way to keep anyone using the guest account from closing the window without an admin password. Any alternative ideas would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance

:)

PD IT1854, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Sep 4, 2018
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Navneet Anand Win User

Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Locking an open application from being closed on guest account - Similar Threads - Locking open application

2. Application (Voice Recorder) Opens then Closes??!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application (Voice Recorder) Opens then Closes??!: I am so baffled that every application seems to open normally but Voice Recorder. When I click on it from the task bar or from a desktop icon, it will pop up for a few seconds then seemingly close. I've used it quite frequently in the past and I'm not sure why it's now not...
  3. Onedrive is being closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive is being closed: I have a friend that has been notified by Microsoft that because he has not used it in 2yrs it will be deleted. This being said he wishes to let them close it out. My question is when he and I set Onedrive up it was to sync his files with those in his libraries. If Microsoft...
  4. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: How do I enable the guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/guest-account/b9b128b8-31bb-4c65-99b7-77d4e23190f1"
  5. Windows closes every application open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows closes every application open: When I am in the middle of using any application this message will appear at random times, it just happens randomly and I have scanned my computer multiple times with anti-virus, can somebody please help? (and also when I press cancel, it also closes everything) [ATTACH]...
  6. A simple Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A simple Guest account?: Hi Guys, I've upgraded to Windows 10 and want a simple Guest account for visitors. The only add users options I have involve my visitors setting up email accounts, etc, which defeats the object of a simple Guest account. I've looked online and there are many...
  7. User Account changed from Admin to Guest

User Account changed from Admin to Guest: Dear people of the Tenforums, I could use your advice. On Saturday I decided to give new Windows 10 (it picked Home Edition by itself) a try. Previous version was Windows 7. After a flawless install I have seen that something on my C: partition is using a lot of...
  8. Add Guest Account

Add Guest Account: How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594
  9. Guest Account Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Guest Account Backups: Hello, I anticipate adding up to two additional guest accounts to windows 10. When I do a backup, are the guest accounts also included? 82913
  10. Lock Screen closing applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen closing applications: Hey, so I'm new to windows 10. Cleaned my laptop completely by resetting it and when I tried to install old games using steam had to download the updates again. But now when the screen locks it closes down steam and the updates don't download. This is really frustrating due...