Windows 10: Locking and systems shuts down???

Discus and support Locking and systems shuts down??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded with Windows and also changed my battery my computer constantly out of the blue LOCKS. Says Locking and then shuts down. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PCAVS, Mar 9, 2020.

1. PCAVS Win User

Locking and systems shuts down???

Ever since I upgraded with Windows and also changed my battery my computer constantly out of the blue LOCKS. Says Locking and then shuts down. So annoying and it happens alot.

:)

PCAVS, Mar 9, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 9, 2020
  3. DonB6 Win User
    shut off button

I don't want to log off. That takes several more steps. I want to shut down. It use to have a list of things to hit but somehow change to sign off or lock. I want the shut down to reappear.

Rogue

DonB6, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Locking and systems shuts down???

System not shutting down Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that when you select the option to Shutdown, only the display is going Off and the system is not shutting down. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by to Large icons and click on
      Power Options
    • In the left pane, click on Choose what the power button does.
    • In the right pane, under power button settings select
      Shut down
      from the drop down list.
    • Click on Save Changes and close the window.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Locking and systems shuts down???

1. Locking and systems shuts down??? - Similar Threads - Locking systems shuts

2. System shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shuts down: I have a strix g15 advantage edition it's plugged to an external monitor. I turned on the laptop and it said that windows has replaced the drivers or something like that and the drivers just disappeared. This has happened a couple times and this time I got mad and hit my...
  3. System shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System shuts down: I have a strix g15 advantage edition it's plugged to an external monitor. I turned on the laptop and it said that windows has replaced the drivers or something like that and the drivers just disappeared. This has happened a couple times and this time I got mad and hit my...
  4. Auto Locking and Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Locking and Shutting Down: Hi Guys I've got a very common problem with my fresh Win 10 Pro 32bit install. After an unspecified amount of time (all different lengths), my laptop keeps auto locking, then shutting down, no amount of button presses stops this process, i havde to wait fir it to conpletely...
  5. system shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system shutting down: when i tried to open google meets in either chrome or in edge system shutting down and i am getting green screen with stop code error 'SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION'. Under what failed getting 'SPUVCbv x64sys...
  6. Shutting down the system !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shutting down the system !: Several months ago I have notice shutting down system sign. Is there a malware ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/shutting-down-the-system/bd1aa22b-112d-4b31-a8cc-1d0661b4a725
  7. System is shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System is shutting down: After the recent update, my system laptop shuts down automatically, when its not intended to; for example when the lid is closed it is supposed to sleep, yes i have checked the power settings;- it is set to sleep and other scenarios where i leave the computer to sleep for a...
  8. Locking Then Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Then Shut Down: Is Anybodys PC/Laptop Say Locking And Then Shut Down If Anybody Else Has This Or Knows How To Fix It Please Say I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop Running Windows 10 Home With A Samsung 1TB SSD 149300
  9. lock-up at shut-down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lock-up at shut-down: My computer in Windows 10 locks up at shut-down and I have to manually turn it off. How do I regain normal shut-down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-up-at-shut-down/ce811795-053c-4254-ba88-ba9adbb60ec3
  10. shutting down system

in Windows 10 Support
    shutting down system: For some reason my system will not shut down and turn off completely under windows 10; only my monitor will go into power save mode but my system itself will just restart. Is this because I have a board that is not windows 10 compatible and the fact that its using just very...