Windows 10: locking certain apps with password

Discus and support locking certain apps with password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i still live with my ex (sounds fun right? yeah no, it definitely isnt sometimes) and there has been a couple of occasions so far where she sneaks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stanker17, Oct 30, 2020.

1. locking certain apps with password

so i still live with my ex (sounds fun right? yeah no, it definitely isnt sometimes) and there has been a couple of occasions so far where she sneaks onto my laptop before it sleeps and digs through my text messages via the Your Phone app. I want to put an end to that by using an 3rd party app locker but I cant make the friggin thing work. it requires a .exe file to lock out, and after a lot of cussing and hair pulling I finally found the .exe for Your Phone. I put said file in the app locker and..... SFA happens. I can still open the app without a password. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm not very tech savvy if you havent figured that out already, so you may have to dumb your responses down a bit for me.

submitted by /u/stanker17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stanker17, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

locking certain apps with password

1. locking certain apps with password - Similar Threads - locking certain apps

2. Password lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password lock: Password attempt:My windows 11 device is password locked first it has me do a challenge phrase where type in: A1B2C3Then type in the password which is correct And then it tells me "this signing option is disabled because of failed signing attempt to repeated shutdowns use a...
  3. Password lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock: Password attempt:My windows 11 device is password locked first it has me do a challenge phrase where type in: A1B2C3Then type in the password which is correct And then it tells me "this signing option is disabled because of failed signing attempt to repeated shutdowns use a...
  4. Admin privileges locked for certain apps

Admin privileges locked for certain apps: I installed Kaspersky on my computer, and after running a scan, it found some miscellaneous software and deleted them. However, after the reboot, my computer lost a few of its Admin functions. An example is the onscreen keyboard; every time I try running it, it shows, "A...
  5. Admin privileges locked for certain apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin privileges locked for certain apps: I installed Kaspersky on my computer, and after running a scan, it found some miscellaneous software and deleted them. However, after the reboot, my computer lost a few of its Admin functions. An example is the onscreen keyboard; every time I try running it, it shows, "A...
  6. Admin privileges locked for certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Certain apps not installing

Certain apps not installing: After Running the installation file nothing is happening like I haven't even opened the file It sometimes even giving error The application could not be started correctly 0xc0000005....
  8. Trouble with a certain app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with a certain app: I can't find it, but a certain app is opening different sites by itself, whether I've opened my browser or not. My antivirus is blocking those websites though. I uninstalled the apps that were installed recently, but the problem persist. What can I do? Consider me a noob....
  9. Locked password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked password: Cannot unlock password on windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-password/d06fc2c6-f010-4b04-95e7-42ba59e14ff9
  10. Password Locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Locked: I had my PC (Win10) set to login without a password, it appears as though someone has remotely set a password using the beginning of a common password I use to log into some other accounts...I know, I know. Anyway, now I am locked out of my pc. The computer goes to the login...