Windows 10: Locking computer when dispaly turns off

Discus and support Locking computer when dispaly turns off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On my other laptop I managed somehow to lock computer anytime the display turns off but on this one I cannot for helll find where I have done that and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karel O., Sep 17, 2020.

1. Karel O. Win User

Locking computer when dispaly turns off

On my other laptop I managed somehow to lock computer anytime the display turns off but on this one I cannot for helll find where I have done that and can only use fixed time from scren saver options. Any idea what I have used before and had forgotten in months since then?

:)

Karel O., Sep 17, 2020

2. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2020
  3. pepanee Win User
    Different Lock Screen Picture When Turning On The Computer

Hi Bree. I went to that location and I apparently already have that option set to On. So I was hoping if taking it a step further would fix it, yet it didn't:

What I did was turn Off that setting, restarted the computer. Then after the computer finished loading, I went back to that setting location and turned it back On. I restarted the computer hoping that this 'probably' fixed the little bug, but nope, I accidentally forgot to cross my fingers, hence the Man Cave still haunts me.

pepanee, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Locking computer when dispaly turns off

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Locking computer when dispaly turns off

1. Locking computer when dispaly turns off - Similar Threads - Locking computer dispaly

2. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  3. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  4. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  6. Computer locks when screen turns off. Can't fix post-2019.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer locks when screen turns off. Can't fix post-2019.: So the screen goes into screen saver, and if I wiggle the mouse, it's fine, but when the screen shuts off without the whole computer sleeping, it requires a password when I wake the screen. There used to be a setting for this. Now there isn't. I DEMAND the fucking computer...
  7. WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off: I have noticed that when I have turned off my computer my wifi turns off on all overs devices. However, when my computer is turned back on, wifi turns on back. What do I have to do?...
  8. The computer has an error when the computer is turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The computer has an error when the computer is turned off: I turn off my Laptop . when I turned off the computer, my computer reported an error gpucontrol.exe . the Windows 1809 no Bug but upgrade Bug . the image . please help me ! my laptop is MSI gl62m-7rdx . [ATTACH]...
  9. How to lock computer after display turns off ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock computer after display turns off ?: I used to have screen-saver set as 'none' and 'on resume, display logon screen', and set the time there the same as the 'display off' option in 'power options'. And that works fine on a PC, no issues there. Now I started using a laptop, and it has different 'display off'...
  10. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...