Windows 10: Locking down wifi access

Discus and support Locking down wifi access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to exercise some parental control with my child's access to the Internet. We have a cool system for controlling access (Circle by Disney) but he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAWLessig, Dec 29, 2018.

1. LAWLessig Win User

Locking down wifi access

I need to exercise some parental control with my child's access to the Internet. We have a cool system for controlling access (Circle by Disney) but he can evade it if he selects one of the neighbors wifi networks.

How can I lock down the wifi network that is selected? I assume that if his account were set up as a kids account I could do that. But is there any way without converting it?

:)

LAWLessig, Dec 29, 2018
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Dec 29, 2018
  3. I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Locking down wifi access

Lumia 930 WiFi stops working

Have same issue on a 930, the 920 doesnt have the issue at all so can confirm its model specific.

I can replicate the issue following the steps below. Anyone else have it following these steps?

• Restart the phone
    • Connect to 2GHz wifi network (connects)
    • Disconnect from wifi
    • lock screen and leave it for 15 mins
    • Connect to 2GHz wifi network (fails)

EmanueleCiurleo, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Locking down wifi access

1. Locking down wifi access - Similar Threads - Locking down wifi

2. Access locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access locked: Access to the PC is blocked for security reasons. It has Microsoft support contact phone number there is this real or a scam and how do I get it going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-locked/5919cad8-8bd9-4f27-b727-165f4d81a0f4
  3. No wifi access after Bitlocker lock.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi access after Bitlocker lock.: Hello, my computer locked into bitlocker mode, I had my key handy and entered it in. However, after logging back into my laptop; internet access and Bluetooth access are both unusable. It looks as the only way I can access the internet is to use an Ethernet cable, and I don’t...
  4. No wifi access after Bitlocker lock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi access after Bitlocker lock.: Hello, my computer locked into bitlocker mode, I had my key handy and entered it in. However, after logging back into my laptop; internet access and Bluetooth access are both unusable. It looks as the only way I can access the internet is to use an Ethernet cable, and I don’t...
  5. Lock down screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock down screen: So for my commuter I wanted to have a badass lock down screen with my own custom pictures that I put into a folder in the pictures section. For some reason I took some lame pictures about a year ago not even putting them in the lock screen thing and for some messed up reason...
  6. Lock down Windows 10 devices WiFi connection choice to only use one Access Point, access...

Lock down Windows 10 devices WiFi connection choice to only use one Access Point, access...: Hello is there currently a option to disable choice of WiFi APs to lock down the system to only work with one access point or a list of system admin approved access points? Just like mac address lock downs for routers however in reverse pointing toward the wireless router....
  7. lock down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lock down: When I am in the process of filling in a form with my name and my email address, the display disappears on the screen and it goes back to the start screen. What is happening and how can it be changed?...
  8. Locking Then Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Then Shut Down: Is Anybodys PC/Laptop Say Locking And Then Shut Down If Anybody Else Has This Or Knows How To Fix It Please Say I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop Running Windows 10 Home With A Samsung 1TB SSD 149300
  9. Lock Down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Down: Help, We are using Windows 10 Pro. I need to 'lock down' a laptop to use only one application installed on the harddrive of the laptop. I cannot use kiosk mode because it only works for a website (as far as I can tell). Does anyone have any ideas for me? We used to use...
  10. System Lock Down

System Lock Down: Does anyone know if it's possible to lock down Windows 10 Home to not allow anything to run without permission from the user? If so, my thought is that this would be an effective way to prevent any kind of malware/virus/etc. from doing any damage...thoughts? 85802