Windows 10: Locking drive in windows 10 home without bitlocker

Discus and support Locking drive in windows 10 home without bitlocker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How to set password to one of the partition drives in the windows 10 home (bitlocker isn't there). Please help. Thanks. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sujanchikkela, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Locking drive in windows 10 home without bitlocker

How to set password to one of the partition drives in the windows 10 home (bitlocker isn't there).

Please help.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Sujanchikkela
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sujanchikkela, Dec 4, 2019
  2. mcraygsx Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

As you can see BitLocker Option is not highlighted for selection. It's like Windows does not even recognize this drive as a locked drive. And this drive does contain lot of Data.

Locking drive in windows 10 home without bitlocker QDhU4Ht.png

mcraygsx, Dec 4, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Locking drive in windows 10 home without bitlocker

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Locking drive in windows 10 home without bitlocker

1. Locking drive in windows 10 home without bitlocker - Similar Threads - Locking drive home

2. I need to reinstall Windows 11 on a drive locked by Bitlocker, without key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to reinstall Windows 11 on a drive locked by Bitlocker, without key: Hi I've downloaded the Windows 11 Installation Media the option that creates the USB for you and booted to it, but I'm unable to install Windows. If I select 'Install Now' -> Custom remove files no drive is found in the Drive options window, and Repair just sends me back to...
  3. I need to reinstall Windows 11 on a drive locked by Bitlocker, without key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to reinstall Windows 11 on a drive locked by Bitlocker, without key: Hi I've downloaded the Windows 11 Installation Media the option that creates the USB for you and booted to it, but I'm unable to install Windows. If I select 'Install Now' -> Custom remove files no drive is found in the Drive options window, and Repair just sends me back to...
  4. Is there a way to unlock HDD Drive that's locked by Bitlocker without key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to unlock HDD Drive that's locked by Bitlocker without key?: Hello, after updating my laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11 HDD drive D: is locked by Bitlocker.Previously i didn't had Microsoft account, i used only my gmail account. I didn't use Bitlocker at all.While updating to windows 11 i formatted only the C: drive, where Windows...
  5. Is there a way to unlock HDD Drive that's locked by Bitlocker without key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to unlock HDD Drive that's locked by Bitlocker without key?: Hello, after updating my laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11 HDD drive D: is locked by Bitlocker.Previously i didn't had Microsoft account, i used only my gmail account. I didn't use Bitlocker at all.While updating to windows 11 i formatted only the C: drive, where Windows...
  6. Re-locking a drive with BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-locking a drive with BitLocker: I have a data drive with all the contents encrypted with Bitlocker not the system drive. The OS is Windows 11.When I first boot my computer, the drive is password protected and I see the "lock" icon over the drive in the File Manager. I need to enter the password to access...
  7. BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home: Hi there! Please bear with me as I am a complete novice when it comes to this side of Windows and networking, so please excuse if I use the wrong terminology or haven't tried something obvious. Microsoft support team themselves couldn't help me with this and left me high...
  8. how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to recover the drive lock with bitlocker without recovery key: Hello Sir, I have a problem with the bitlocker feature of Microsoft window10. I have lock my drive through bitlocker but due to some reason my window got corrupt. and I have to format the window in which I had the recover key. and I have formatted window first with...
  9. Lock BitLocker Encrypted Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Lock BitLocker Encrypted Drive in Windows: How to: Lock BitLocker Encrypted Drive in Windows How to Lock BitLocker Encrypted Drive in Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from lost, stolen, or...
  10. Add Lock Drive to Context Menu of BitLocker Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Lock Drive to Context Menu of BitLocker Drives in Windows 10: How to: Add Lock Drive to Context Menu of BitLocker Drives in Windows 10 How to Add 'Lock Drive' to Context Menu of BitLocker Encrypted Drives in Windows 10 You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block...