Windows 10: Locking/freezing position of file

Discus and support Locking/freezing position of file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to lock the position of a file. I have a lot of excel documents shared on a drive. I am trying to collect data from them into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emilyde, Jun 26, 2020.

1. emilyde Win User

Locking/freezing position of file

Is it possible to lock the position of a file.

I have a lot of excel documents shared on a drive.

I am trying to collect data from them into PowerBI.

The documents are edited by other users than me.

My problem being that they move the location of the file which then bugs my data collection.

Can i lock the location of the file without restricting the other users ability to edit the documents?

THX!

:)

emilyde, Jun 26, 2020

2. Borderlands freezes and thaws

I'm positive the steps I took above fixed it. I went through 10 rounds in the underdome (well over an hour of gameplay) without a single freeze. Previously, I couldn't play 15 minutes without at least one freeze.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 26, 2020
  3. JJOTC Win User
    On Windows 10, is it Possible to Lock or Freeze the Position of the Taskbar Pinned Items?

The order of my pinned icons is frequently rearranged as I open multiple programs throughout the day. Has anyone found a way to put a lock or freeze on the position of those pinned icons to prevent accidental rearrangement?

JJOTC, Jun 26, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Locking/freezing position of file - Similar Threads - Locking freezing position

2. How to lock folders position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock folders position?: I would like to have some folders opening in the same position and in the same size. How to make windows remember my preferences so that not to have to fix them every time I open them?...
  3. How to lock folders position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock folders position?: I would like to have some folders opening in the same position and in the same size. How to make windows remember my preferences so that not to have to fix them every time I open them?...
  4. lock the icon positions on the deskto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock the icon positions on the deskto: Please I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.How can I lock the icon positions on the desktop?Thanks a lot.Beny https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-the-icon-positions-on-the-deskto/205705f8-7553-42cd-b934-4bf5317ad49f
  5. lock the icon positions on the deskto

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock the icon positions on the deskto: Please I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.How can I lock the icon positions on the desktop?Thanks a lot.Beny https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-the-icon-positions-on-the-deskto/205705f8-7553-42cd-b934-4bf5317ad49f
  6. Position of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Position of File Explorer: After reconfiguring my PC with Win 10, twice because of update failures, once completed I've tried to reposition File Explorer on the right side of my screen. I can in fact reposition it, but once I close it and launch it again, it reverts back to the left side of screen,...
  7. On Windows 10, is it Possible to Lock or Freeze the Position of the Taskbar Pinned Items?

in Windows 10 Customization
    On Windows 10, is it Possible to Lock or Freeze the Position of the Taskbar Pinned Items?: The order of my pinned icons is frequently rearranged as I open multiple programs throughout the day. Has anyone found a way to put a lock or freeze on the position of those pinned icons to prevent accidental rearrangement?...
  8. Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position?

Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position?: I have a third party wallpaper changer that I like, but when I updated to Win 10 every change comes out as centered, with a boarder. No matter how many times I change it to "fill" next changes to "centered". I have plated with the settings in the program but nothing helps....
  9. Lock desktop icons positions?

Lock desktop icons positions?: I occasionally move the mouse pointer across the desktop and inadvertently drag icons to new positions. Is there a command or a feature that locks the desktop icons in place and can snap them back into position when this occurs? 86732
  10. How to lock/freeze window size/position?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to lock/freeze window size/position?: Hi, Does anyone know of any software or way that allows me to lock/freeze any application/window on my screen i.e. disable any change in position and size / make it completely immune to the cursor or clicking? I'm running an application called LiveSplit, which is a...