Windows 10: Locking onscreen, will not turn on.

Discus and support Locking onscreen, will not turn on. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! My daughter was on the laptop playing an EA game and the word LOCKING came on the screen and the laptop turned off. It is not turning on,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MC_666, Apr 19, 2020.

1. MC_666 Win User

Locking onscreen, will not turn on.

Hello!

My daughter was on the laptop playing an EA game and the word LOCKING came on the screen and the laptop turned off.

It is not turning on, whatsoever. No sound, no lights. It has been off for about two hours now and I cannot figure out why.

It is an ASUS E40SM

Thanks

:)

MC_666, Apr 19, 2020

2. how to disable the onscreen keyboard. nothing is working

Hi,

We appreciate time and effort you spent to resolve issue by yourself.

To assist you better, answer the questions

• What are troubleshooting methods that you have tried?
    • Are you facing any issue with onscreen keyboard?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type
      Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select
      Keyboard.
    • Then, Turn off the on screen keyboard.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Locking onscreen, will not turn on.

unable to scroll lock screen after update htc mozart

If you can not slide the lock screen it may well be an issue with the digitizer.

The only other suggestion I have is perform a hard reset to return the device back to factory defaults. If that does not work, you will have to send it in for repair/replacement sushi21.

Steps to hard reset using phone buttons:

• With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    • Wait for the screen to show the instructions on how to do the factory reset, and then release the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons.
    • Follow the instructions onscreen to factory reset your phone.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Locking onscreen, will not turn on.

1. Locking onscreen, will not turn on. - Similar Threads - Locking onscreen turn

2. No Onscreen Keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Onscreen Keyboard on Lock Screen: Hello,I used to have the Onscreen Keyboard on the Lock Screen the screen where you enter your password to get into Windows and it worked fine.An alternate way to bring up the Onscreen Keyboard was to click the Ease of Access button on the bottom right of the Lock Screen near...
  3. No Onscreen Keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Onscreen Keyboard on Lock Screen: Hello,I used to have the Onscreen Keyboard on the Lock Screen the screen where you enter your password to get into Windows and it worked fine.An alternate way to bring up the Onscreen Keyboard was to click the Ease of Access button on the bottom right of the Lock Screen near...
  4. No Onscreen Keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen: I cant log into my laptop the number keys works but nothing else does i cant type on the onscreen keyboard not on my physical laptop keyboard it was fine the night bfr but when i turned it on this morning the keyboard stopped working and i cant turn log into my laptop through...
  6. keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen: I cant log into my laptop the number keys works but nothing else does i cant type on the onscreen keyboard not on my physical laptop keyboard it was fine the night bfr but when i turned it on this morning the keyboard stopped working and i cant turn log into my laptop through...
  7. keyboard and onscreen keyboard not working on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    onscreen keyboard: I have a Dell Latitude 7220 tablet using Windows 10. The device is currently in tablet mode and the onscreen keyboard will not deploy. The keyboard icon is visible in the bottom right hand corner, but nothing happens when you click on it. I have gone in the keyboard settings...
  9. onscreen TouchPad cap lock reversed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    onscreen TouchPad cap lock reversed: Sometimes while using the onscreen keyboard I will use cap lock and when I return to lower case the cap lock upper case continues even though it indicates lowercase. If I use shift or cap lock at this point it types in lower case. I would just deal with that but it also...
  10. how to turn off onscreen key board?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off onscreen key board?: How do I turn off on screen keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-onscreen-key-board/b8b751d4-8932-4da6-ae66-c97937f5986b