Windows 10: Locks Screen loads endlessly but doesn't change the image

Discus and support Locks Screen loads endlessly but doesn't change the image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hey there!when i choose a custom image from my device to set it as lock screen, it doesn't change and just loads endlessly. I've tried a gpedit.msc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnanyaGupta, May 26, 2021.

1. Locks Screen loads endlessly but doesn't change the image

hey there!when i choose a custom image from my device to set it as lock screen, it doesn't change and just loads endlessly. I've tried a gpedit.msc method, that didn't really worke for me, it still doesn't change, and i'm stuck with the normal windows lockscreen images, because it only works when i choose from the default images. Please help if anyone knows a solution to this that actually works

:)

AnanyaGupta, May 26, 2021

2. Can't Change Lock Screen Image on Windows 10

1. Significant changes? No, nothing that i can think of.

2. No as well, happens to every image i try to load into the lock screen settings.

3. I am currently on version 1703. (I am unable to update to 1709 due to another issue but the lock screen was still working regardless)

4. That's all i did, other than only looking at the registry.

MatheusKuntitled, May 26, 2021
  3. How to change startup lock screen?

Hi Nic,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that Lock screen image is same every time you login.

To change the image in the lock screen follow the steps:

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on personalize.
    • Select lock screen at the left pane.
    • Change the background option as picture from the drop down.
    • Then select the picture you want to save it as lock screen image from the default images or click on browse to select more images saved in your computer.
    Hope this information is helpful, Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 26, 2021
  4. Locks Screen loads endlessly but doesn't change the image

Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Locks Screen loads endlessly but doesn't change the image

1. Locks Screen loads endlessly but doesn't change the image - Similar Threads - Locks Screen loads

2. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  3. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  4. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change the screen lock image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change the screen lock image: Hi. I wanted to change the lock screen images from the windows spotlight into a personalized images presentation.I tried to set the presentation settings and a folder that has in it various images but, when I lock the screen or after I start up the pc after I suspend it, it...
  6. Can't change the screen lock image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change the screen lock image: Hi. I wanted to change the lock screen images from the windows spotlight into a personalized images presentation.I tried to set the presentation settings and a folder that has in it various images but, when I lock the screen or after I start up the pc after I suspend it, it...
  7. Windows 10 Loading Screen endlessly loading...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Loading Screen endlessly loading...: Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me. I built the computer myself 4 years ago and it has been running fine in general; however, there have been times where it failed to...
  8. Lock screen doesn't show any image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen doesn't show any image: I am running on the latest version of the windows build and after a few prior updates my lock screen for windows has stopped loading images. it just shows a blank screen (solid color of the theme i have set for windows) and although it even shows those tips and facts on the...
  9. Changing My Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing My Lock Screen Image: Hello everyone! I'm trying to change my lock screen wallpaper but the image I want won't appear as an option. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-lock-screen-image/d5d7d8ab-c3a0-4942-b28f-d19f5f28f5dd
  10. Can't Change Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Change Lock Screen Image: I am trying to change the image on my Lock Screen but when I click on a replacement image the spinner just keeps going round and nothing happens. All was working well the last time I changed the image but that was weeks ago. Any thoughts please? I have also discovered that I...