Windows 10: lockscreen and desktop screen became 2-3 inches shorter on the right side

Discus and support lockscreen and desktop screen became 2-3 inches shorter on the right side in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had to do a reset on my win 10. Before the reset all displays filled the entire screen. After the reset all my displays became 2-3" s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BruceLague, Aug 19, 2019.

1. lockscreen and desktop screen became 2-3 inches shorter on the right side

I recently had to do a reset on my win 10. Before the reset all displays filled the entire screen. After the reset all my displays became 2-3" s shorter on the right side ( both up and down as well as from right to left). Now there is a solid black space instead of any diplay filling the entire screen. This is the first time I had to do a reset and I have checked the settings. I must have missed something?

:)

BruceLague, Aug 19, 2019

2. 2 inch black bar 1/3 of the dstance from far left screen

Hi Coleen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to change the resolution of the screen by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on Desktop and select “Display Settings”.
    • Under Display settings click on “Advanced Display Settings”.
    • Under resolution select the resolution which is feasible and save the changes.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Screen Image shifted 3 inches to the right

When I turn on the computer (windows 10) (upgraded from vista to 7 - then 7 to 10) - the splash screen (some random nature scene) is positioned perfectly on the screen - then it goes to the login screen, at this point the screen image has moved about 3
    inches to the right. Now I know there are other posts about the screen moving to the right, but I continue, If I play Command and Conquer (red alert) etc. the screen then reverts back to perfectly placed on the screen. I have been to get updated drivers. I
    can't seem to locate an 'auto' mode on the Samsung tv.

JohnChristopher_Berg, Aug 19, 2019
  4. w65mike Win User

lockscreen and desktop screen became 2-3 inches shorter on the right side

Problem aligning desktop to monitor screen

Installed Windows 10 2 days ago. Desktop is shifted 2 inches to left, obscuring left icon column. Browser screen is also expanded to left so that approx 2 inches of left hand side of screen cannot be viewed.

Last answer to similar problem was " Right Click a blank area of the Desktop - Graphics Properties - look for Geometry settings
    (PC's and laptops)"' Trying this reveals no selection for "Graphic Properties". Search for "Graphic Properties" results in "No match".

Any suggestion??

w65mike, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

lockscreen and desktop screen became 2-3 inches shorter on the right side

1. lockscreen and desktop screen became 2-3 inches shorter on the right side - Similar Threads - lockscreen desktop screen

2. Can't click the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click the right side of the screen: After the last update for windows 11, I struggle with the problem that I can't interact with 1/4 of my screen from top to bottom. I can't click on anything on the right side. If I want to close a window, I have to drag it to the left first just so I can click on the x.Is...
  3. Can't click the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click the right side of the screen: After the last update for windows 11, I struggle with the problem that I can't interact with 1/4 of my screen from top to bottom. I can't click on anything on the right side. If I want to close a window, I have to drag it to the left first just so I can click on the x.Is...
  4. how to keep the screen on the right side

in Windows 10 Support
    how to keep the screen on the right side: i asked this yesterday but maybe not very good so here it is again. i have win10 using a hp probook 6465b laptop. ver 21h1 build 19043.1052 this never happened until about a week ago. but this is the issue. i have my browser screen set to about 2/3 and all the way to the...
  5. Notification bar on right side of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification bar on right side of screen: example, windows is nagging because virus protection is going to expire. My Virus program (Viper) is happy, Windows is not. Can this notification bar be turned off? Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.804 174328
  6. Black bar on the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black bar on the right side of the screen: I just loaded up my new PC yesterday and I have a 1600 x 900 monitor and I have the setting on 1600 x 900 to fit it yet it's still going off to the side. I've done everything I can think off and it still hasn't worked at all....
  7. lost 1.5 inches from both sides of my screen / desktop

lost 1.5 inches from both sides of my screen / desktop: lost 1.5 inches from both sides of my desktop. help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-15-inches-from-both-sides-of-my-screen/27cb254d-b6e9-41c3-9653-9426c3bde41a
  8. Right side of screen

Right side of screen: So when i load My games from windows 10 . Then i click the right side of the screen it brings me back to windows. It also not just one game its all of them. Ive been trying to work out if theres some boarder system that i need to turn off. Can anyone help me workout where I’m...
  9. Right side of desktop screen doesn't work

Right side of desktop screen doesn't work: So this one hard to explain but will try to. So anytime I turn my computer on it has it where on the right side of my desktop or the screen like a quarter, it has it where anything i try to select doesn't work so can't select like the close for a tab or so. Now I notice...
  10. tool view on right side of screen

tool view on right side of screen: i hit something on my screen and my tools on the right side of the screen are not visible without hitting the left arrow button next to what I need to use. How do I reset to have these tools on my screen and my tools on the right side of the screen are not visible without...