Windows 10: Lockscreen Help Needed Albums

Discus and support Lockscreen Help Needed Albums in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In order for the lockscreen to use my pictures, I have to create an album of my pictures ? How do I do this? Can I use jpgs or do they have to be bmp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RBCC, Jun 11, 2019.

1. RBCC Win User

Lockscreen Help Needed Albums

In order for the lockscreen to use my pictures, I have to create an album of my pictures ? How do I do this? Can I use jpgs or do they have to be bmp or png? Is there a piece of software that creates albums of pictures ?
    Lockscreen Help Needed Albums [​IMG]

Also how do I put a picture in the background of the start menu as shown below?

Lockscreen Help Needed Albums [​IMG]

Thank you very much for your help! John

:)

2. Mark_W. Win User

Album art in lockscreen

Hello Anubhav:

Thank you for posting to the forum. I would like to first address the issue with local scout. This seems to be an issue with your region. You mention you are in India, local scout is not available in India. Please review this document for what services
    are available in which regions,
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/feature-and-service-availability

Next the issue with your album art. There are a couple things that typically cause and issue like this.

• Sometimes this is as simple as verifying your phone is set-up properly. On the phone tap settings > go to applications > select music + videos > make sure "connect with Zune" is set to ON.
    • The other common cause for this is the meta data associated with the music. The best way to take care of this is with the Zune software. Take all the music on your phone and copy it to a computer with the Zune software. Perform the steps in this article
      to get the content on the phone copied,
      http://support.xbox.com/en-US/zune/software/syncing-media
      . Once you have done this, go to settings > software > metadata > check the second box > fill in the first radio button. After these settings are set, go to your collection and locate a track you
      have been having issues with. Right click that song and select edit. You will now be able to edit or add information important to the track. Specifically look at the artist name, track title and album name.
    • The final thing you will want to look at is the file on the computer itself. Search your computer for the music you are having troubles with. When you locate the file verify that an album art file is included in the album folder.
    • Once you have tried all of the above, sync your collection to the phone and check to see if your experience has differed.
    If you continue to have troubles please detail the following:

• How did you acquire this content, burned from CD's/purchased from 3rd party marketplaces/downloaded from the internet/purchased through Zune?
    • Do you have any content that is displaying the art in the lockscreen? If you do, where did you get that content?
    • Please provide some specific examples of albums/artists/tracks that are failing to provide art?
    Mark W.

Mark_W., Jun 11, 2019
  3. Album art in lockscreen

I have spent hours trying to fix this album art situation. There are workarounds (like this app called MPA tool) which can give you album art but the whole album art as well as artist art tile thing support for music is just plain hopeless.

I see you have done a whole lot of region changing tricks but that might interfere with your standard phone usage like apps and marketplace.

Jay_answers, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Lockscreen Help Needed Albums

Album art in lockscreen

It has been advertised that the last played music's album art will show up on the live tile and also on the lockscreen if selected.

I guess neither of them work.

The live tile shows nothing about last played even if it is a double sized tile.

Neither does the lockscreen, it just gives a red hue or something of that sort.

I am using a Lumia 800 with WP 7.8, i live in India.

Also local scout is not shown in bing, well i guess it should have come by now.

Anubhav Majumder, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Lockscreen Help Needed Albums

1. Lockscreen Help Needed Albums - Similar Threads - Lockscreen Help Needed

2. Help! My windows lockscreen is in Chinese!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My windows lockscreen is in Chinese!: My lockscreen wallpaper on my laptop, quickly changed to Chinese. I tried going to control panel>Region>administrative. But the only language I have is English. My bing is also set in English.Lockscreen...
  3. Help! My windows lockscreen is in Chinese!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help! My windows lockscreen is in Chinese!: My lockscreen wallpaper on my laptop, quickly changed to Chinese. I tried going to control panel>Region>administrative. But the only language I have is English. My bing is also set in English.Lockscreen...
  4. Help! My windows lockscreen is in Chinese!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -: So, recently I made a dumb decision. I usually download music through mp3 conversions because I like to listen to it during study or gaming sessions. I use the mp3 converter "convert io" (https://www.converto.io/en10/). Recently one of the songs I downloaded from there,...
  6. Blank Lockscreen wallpaper pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Lockscreen wallpaper pls help: as stated in the title...i cant set a lockscreen wallpaper and when i reach a lock screen its just blank...i can still login just fine but i wanna set a lockscreen wallpaper...if this helps i have deleted the lockscreen file before for example Lockscreen_B...in the system...
  7. HELP!!! LOCKSCREEN BACKGROUND IS BLANK!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HELP!!! LOCKSCREEN BACKGROUND IS BLANK!: I set the windows background options to windows spotlight in the lockscreen. However, the background went blank, and the cortana funfact option also didn't function. I need help!!...
  8. Windows 10 Photo App - move Album to Lockscreen screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Photo App - move Album to Lockscreen screensaver: I have created an Album in the Photos app on the W10 taskbar . It does not appear in any download file. So I cannot find it to add it to the W10 Lockscreen Screensaver. How can I fix that problem, please ?...
  9. Help With Creating Music Albums - I'm Clueless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help With Creating Music Albums - I'm Clueless: So, recently I bought and downloaded a game on Windows 10 which I've played on another platform. I liked the soundtrack so I bought that too. when I opened and extracted the .rar file, I noticed that the music list wasn't regular - 1. The music wasn't ordered by an...
  10. Need help in removal of previously applied wallpapers/lockscreens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help in removal of previously applied wallpapers/lockscreens: Hi, Joined this forum to ask this question. Hopefully someone knows how. I finally decided to give in and let my desktop accept the Win 10 upgrade. Was reluctant about 10, but having been using it for two weeks now, it's wonderful. But in my enjoyment I found something...