Windows 10: Lockscreen password

Discus and support Lockscreen password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a couple of Windows 10 computers. One I use predominantly and one my husband uses. When we set them up they were both in my name as my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tiffany Zumba, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Lockscreen password

I have a couple of Windows 10 computers. One I use predominantly and one my husband uses. When we set them up they were both in my name as my husband rarely used them. Now we want to separate them out more. I tried today to change the lockscreen password on the laptop my husband uses, only to find I had inadvertently changed my Microsoft password and now it won't let me change it back to the original which is ingrained in my memory! So, I now have to remember it is a new password all the time!

I have read that I can set up a local accountfor my husband but will that give him access to all the facilities such as One Drive and Office etc as I am the Administrator and sole. Microsoft Account holder. As other people say in this forum, I do not want my husband to have to log in with my Microsoft account password each time he accesses his computer. Now do I want to have the computer unlocked.

Can the two not in some way be separated out? I log into my main computer with a pin and access my mail accounts direct from their mail log in pages. I am now wondering if by using a pin rather than my Microsoft log in this is infact allowing me to store in the cloud as I am not logging in with my Microsoft account password. I am an older lady and just assumed stuff was being backed up saved in the cloud. Sorry But I am totally confused! All I want is 2 computers I Microsoft account to be used by myself and my husband but with all aspects of that account accessible to us both but for him to have the privacy of a separate private lockscreen password not

Could someone please advise me,

Thankyou

:)

Tiffany Zumba, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Lockscreen without password

Correct. I switched to a local account with no password.

The only other thing I can suggest is, create a photo screensaver with your desired image, then turn off screensaver settings. Then, navigate to "C:\Windows\System32\PhotoScreensaver.scr" and create a shortcut to the 'PhotoScreensaver.scr' file and pin it to your taskbar or quick launch and click it to engage:

Lockscreen password [​IMG]

EDIT: Mind you, it won't be the Lock Screen with the date and time on it though! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 23, 2020
  3. AlphaUMi Win User
    Lockscreen without password

Thank you again Edwin, I've tried what you suggested. But the only thing that happens is that the display turns off. The lockscreen isn't affected at all. I can lock the computer on demand with Win+L key if I want, but the issue remains: Windows asks me for the password.

Smartphones with Android, that are more at risk of theft or security issues allow you to disable password if you want to. But this is a home computer. I begin to think Microsoft took the definition of "lockscreen" in the strongest way.

EDIT: I do not have a "Sign in" button. I have a text field for password insertion. Maybe you do not have set up a password at all?

AlphaUMi, Mar 23, 2020
  4. AlphaUMi Win User

Lockscreen password

Exiting lockscreen without password?

I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home v1803, I'm the only user and the laptop is always at home. I already know that with netplwiz you can skip password request at boot or login, and in fact so I did. But I'm asking a different question - about the lockscreen feature.

If, for whatever reason, I would like use the lockscreen, Windows ask me for my password on exiting the lockscreen. Would it be possible to skip password request upon exiting the lockscreen and returning directly to the desktop?

I suspect the answer is no... but I'm asking here anyway, in the hope that I'm wrong.

P.S.: with Android you can do this very easily - just do not set a password, or a pin, for the lockscreen and you're fine - although you have a password for your account, the are different. What if I had a smartphone or a tablet with Windows 10?

Thanks in advance,

AlphaUMi, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Lockscreen password

1. Lockscreen password - Similar Threads - Lockscreen password

2. Lockscreen freezes before being able to put in password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lockscreen freezes before being able to put in password: I was able to log into windows perfectly fine about 3hrs ago, but when i shut off my pc and came back, booted it up, it just gets stuck on a blurred screen, right where the password, username, and profile should be, nothing appears, its just blurry, then just goes back to...
  3. Lockscreen freezes before being able to put in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen freezes before being able to put in password: I was able to log into windows perfectly fine about 3hrs ago, but when i shut off my pc and came back, booted it up, it just gets stuck on a blurred screen, right where the password, username, and profile should be, nothing appears, its just blurry, then just goes back to...
  4. Lockscreen freezes before being able to put in password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...: I cant even put in my password help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-lockscreen-wont-work-i-press-any-key-to/a2904bf0-fb8a-40ba-905b-d5714d8c101f
  6. My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...: I cant even put in my password help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-lockscreen-wont-work-i-press-any-key-to/a2904bf0-fb8a-40ba-905b-d5714d8c101f
  7. My windows lockscreen wont work I press any key to put my password but it keeps reseting...

8. Can sign in window ,cause of forget old acces password on laptop lockscreen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can sign in window ,cause of forget old acces password on laptop lockscreen.: Post personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, credit card number, or anything else that could compromise your privacy....
  9. Can sign in window ,cause of forget old acces password on laptop lockscreen.

Can sign in window ,cause of forget old acces password on laptop lockscreen.: Post personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, credit card number, or anything else that could compromise your privacy....
  10. No log in menu appearing on lockscreen, can't use recovery options because of "wrong" password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No log in menu appearing on lockscreen, can't use recovery options because of "wrong" password.: I have 2 admin accounts, one is local. I can only use the Microsoft account on recovery. The main problem is, it says both passwords Microsoft and user are wrong.Let me say it again, I CAN'T use the login menu on lock screen, even if safe mode is enabled....