Windows 10: Lockscreen photo

Discus and support Lockscreen photo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't change my lock screen photo and I only have my personal account in my laptop. pls help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NitrowarriorInventor, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Lockscreen photo

I can't change my lock screen photo and I only have my personal account in my laptop. pls help

:)

NitrowarriorInventor, Oct 12, 2021

2. Windows Lockscreen Photos

Subject: Windows Lockscreen Photos

I am running Windows 10 Professional version 1803.
    Normally I saw beautiful changing landscape photos on the screen when opening the notebook.
    About 3-4 weeks ago these stopped and I just have the standard fixed lockscreen now.
    I tried to change settings/personalization/lockscreen without solution.
    How to get the changing lockscreen photos back?

Suggestion appreciated,
    Jorgen Staal

JorgenStaal, Oct 12, 2021
  3. JP083 Win User
    620 Lockscreen

Thank's for the reply, i tried that and yes, went totally the same way like you explained. I noticed something too, that i can use every other photo example from my own taken photos list, but not from Where the lockscreen pictures are. But then i notice,
    that When i cannot use some Pictures from the lockscreen pics, i have to Select a pic from some other "folder" and use that, and after that i can choose every pic from the lockscreen pictures.

JP083, Oct 12, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Lockscreen photo

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Lockscreen photo :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Lockscreen photo

1. Lockscreen photo - Similar Threads - Lockscreen photo

2. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...
  3. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...
  4. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lockscreen photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen photo: I can't change my lock screen photo and I only have my personal account in my laptop. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-photo/7645afa8-ef27-45af-bf36-ccd64e00b3f4
  6. Lockscreen photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen photo: I can't change my lock screen photo and I only have my personal account in my laptop. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-photo/7645afa8-ef27-45af-bf36-ccd64e00b3f4
  7. How to Fix a loading screen when you select photo for your lockscreen

How to Fix a loading screen when you select photo for your lockscreen: [ATTACH] I can't change my lockscreen picture when I browse any kind of picture in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-a-loading-screen-when-you-select-photo/4ab1f78b-b9a8-4d08-8668-9f0dac44696e
  8. Lockscreen background photo

Lockscreen background photo: The lockscreen background photo is now blurred after recent Windows 10 updates. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-background-photo/83017a44-d14e-45a9-85f1-a0d695be844d
  9. Lockscreen photo is blurred after recent windows updates

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen photo is blurred after recent windows updates: lockscreen photo is blurred https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-photo-is-blurred-after-recent-windows/6c0eeb65-86bc-4c68-9755-906d0efb3bc5
  10. Windows 10 Lockscreen photo changed to one of Microsofts unattractive generic shots instead...

Windows 10 Lockscreen photo changed to one of Microsofts unattractive generic shots instead...: Thanks, I realise that I am here pointing out the obvious but since the latest update it appears that in a job securing attempt someone has broken the possibility of changing the lockscreen picture from generic shots to your own if you desire. I had a one of photo of my...