Windows 10: Lockscreen Refuses to Change

Discus and support Lockscreen Refuses to Change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first installed Win 10, one of the first things I did was to set a new Lockscreen pic. I uses the lockscreen pic as the sign-in pic so I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by djfaz, Oct 8, 2017.

1. djfaz Win User

Lockscreen Refuses to Change

When I first installed Win 10, one of the first things I did was to set a new Lockscreen pic. I uses the lockscreen pic as the sign-in pic so I have that option ticked. A few days ago, though, I decided to change it, and it refuses to change. The sign-in is always the old lockscreen. I can select another picture and it accepts the picture, but when I go to the sign-in screen its always the original picture not the new one. I have tried different pics including some defaults from Microsoft but it always displays the original file. I tried disabling the "show lockscreen as sign-in" and that works, but once enabled it always shows the same pic. Anyone have any clue whats going on?

:)

djfaz, Oct 8, 2017

2. Lockscreen image not getting changes when Windows Spotlight is selected in Windows 10

Old title: about lockscreen windows 10

my windows 10 spotlight is not changing lockscreen theme...i click on option i want more and after that it doesnt change lockscreen theme...please help i want to change....

vivek2523p, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Problems in Asha 311

I face a lot of issues in my new Asha 311. Why is there no setting for turning off Auto brightness and Auto rotation? Can't change the font colour in the lockscreen... And most of the time my Asha 311 refuses to use Wifi and asks for GPRS? Why are good phones
    like this not properly designed? Can i expect Nokia to release any software updates or am i stuck???

Irfan Junaid F, Oct 8, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Are you talking about that beach with cave picture. That is "System sign in".

You have to be aware of, that when you set Lock screen picture as sign-in picture, it's User dependent. First time (restart typically), no User have been assigned to session, so there is some predetermined system picture that take place.

There are some ways to change that picture, if you're interested...

AndreTen, Oct 8, 2017
  5. djfaz Win User
    Oh thank you for you help, it seems I discovered the reason.

The lockscreen service folder had been renamed and this totally disabled the lockscreen - and importantly the ability to configure the lockscreen.

djfaz, Oct 9, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    FYI Microsoft are aware of this issue and have attempted to address it in the next major update.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lockscreen Refuses to Change - Similar Threads - Lockscreen Refuses Change

2. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?: hello,I have been facing this weird issue with every laptop I sign in to that has Windows 10.basically, you do know how windows syncs the same wallpapers on your newly added devicewell, in my case, it was working fine until one day my lock screen got stuck on a default lock...
  3. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?: hello,I have been facing this weird issue with every laptop I sign in to that has Windows 10.basically, you do know how windows syncs the same wallpapers on your newly added devicewell, in my case, it was working fine until one day my lock screen got stuck on a default lock...
  4. Lockscreen background randomly changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen background randomly changes: I have tried to search for an answer for this before and have not found one. Apparently this has been a problem for a while for many people. My setting is set to picture, not windows spotlight, not slideshow and yet every time I restart there is a chance the background will...
  5. Window 10 Lockscreen not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Lockscreen not changing: I accidentally pressed my lockscreen to Window Spotlight once, and now everytime I opened my pc it shows the lockscreen to Window Spotlight's picture instead of picture I have selected....
  6. Can't change lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lockscreen: Can't explain it but it's personal and I can't stand this picture: [ATTACH] I have changed every lockscreen setting for every account on my PC and laptop that I can find but when changing from one account to another, this picture keeps appearing. Can someone please...
  7. Lockscreen Image is not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen Image is not changing: My lock screen image is not changing anymore. I tried every method searching on internet but none solve it. Windows spotlight image is not changing when i start computer every day....
  8. Windows lockscreen background changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows lockscreen background changing: I have set a downloaded picture as lockscreen background of my laptop. It works most of the time but sometimes it shows one of the default pictures as lockscreen background. This happens occasionally and the change is not permanent. Once I login and then go back to...
  9. Lockscreen change it self

Lockscreen change it self: Hi can someone help me, after i use internet, sometime when i restart or turn my laptop in next time, the lock screen change it self with some picture that i don't even have. is it bug? cause it"s already did several time and more than 5 times : please help : thank you so...
  10. my lockscreen is not changing

my lockscreen is not changing: I am unable to change my lockscreen wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/my-lockscreen-is-not-changing/8f08fa4d-f51e-4102-a719-555370876cdc

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 lockscreen refuses to change

2. lock screen background refuses to alter

3. lockscreen refuses to change