Windows 10: Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen

Discus and support Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This happens VERY RARELY but everytime it does I have no idea why. My computer is doing just fine. Running SFC doesn't detect any problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VincentYu5, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen

This happens VERY RARELY but everytime it does I have no idea why.

My computer is doing just fine. Running SFC doesn't detect any problems whatsoever, and like I said: it only rarely happens. So far it only happened twice, and with like a month interval.

Are there other people here that have encountered this issue? I'm more on the side of knowing WHY this happens rather than HOW to fix it. It's kind of interesting to see what happens behind the scene that can cause this kind of issue.

But also, on a slightly unrelated note: the "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart" feature sometimes doesn't work. Most of the time it does--I leave the computer booting up and when I get back and login everything has already loaded even though I was still on the lockscreen. But sometimes it just doesn't. It is pretty obvious because I have a custom lockscreen image, but when the feature doesn't work, Windows 10 displays the default lockscreen image.

So this is more like a discussion that I want to have rather than a question that I want answered. I want to know if other people have experienced these scenarios and maybe know what happens behind the scenes for these to happen.

Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen [​IMG]

:)

VincentYu5, Jul 10, 2020

2. Lockscreen/Background

I have tried a few Builds of win 10 so far, with no crashes. Have been happy with the looks and it has run all my programs so far. Right now I am on Build 10159. But there is one thing that is not working like in Windows 8/8.1: The Lockscreen/Background settings. For instance it can be tricky to change the background picture to a slideshow. The icon for pictures in One Drive is no different to MY eyes than the icon to the PC pictures. Also, if you click on them to remove one, there is no reaction, no matter how hard I try.
    When it comes to the Lockscreen, it only allows specific apps; you cannot add the weather for instance. So, overall, that section of the features is not flexible in my estimation. Speaking about the weather app, when you click on that tile in Metro, you have your local weather ok, but it doesn't stay on the preview, like in Windows 8/8.1.
    Finally, when I run win 10 on my laptop, with the same settings as on my PC, the lockscreen does not kick in after a period of inactivity.
    Does anyone else experience these flaws? How can I fix that?

gallicbear, Jul 10, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    lockscreen background lost

Hi Maryann

Do you want to get back a specific image or has the Spotlight feature stopped working on your Lockscreen?

If Windows Spotlight has stopped working:

Go into the Settings App - Personalisation - LockScreen

Set Background to picture and choose one

Then open Windows File Explorer and paste each of these into the Address Bar

Delete everything in each folder

%USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

%USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings

Then right click your Start Button, choose Powershell (admin)

Run (copy and Paste) this command and hit Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *ContentDeliveryManager* | foreach {Add-AppxPackage "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -register }

Restart your PC

Go into the Settings App - Personalisation - LockScreen

Set Background to Windows Spotlight

DaveM121, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen

Disable BackGround On Lockscreen

Hello,
    I'd like to know how to disable background on Lockscreen after startup (When we input user name and password) ?

Thanks.

ryanframes, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen

1. Lockscreen that has a "Windows Sign-in" background instead of a normal lockscreen - Similar Threads - Lockscreen has Sign

2. lockscreen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    lockscreen background: my lockscreen background suddenly change into the picture that I don't like and I can't change it back to the normally background.The problem is I want tochange it back but I can't....
  3. LOCKSCREEN And BACKGROUNDS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LOCKSCREEN And BACKGROUNDS: is there any function by which my lock screen image gets automatically over the internet changed and I get fun facts on my lock screen directly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-and-backgrounds/9a7f7d67-1a52-4984-9e7b-e8f3da0cd558
  4. Lockscreen background photo

Lockscreen background photo: The lockscreen background photo is now blurred after recent Windows 10 updates. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-background-photo/83017a44-d14e-45a9-85f1-a0d695be844d
  5. No background on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No background on lockscreen: Hi, when the computer starts or when I lock it, I cant see the background on the lock screen: I have already tried without success to check if it is a settings issue. The lock screen looks like that submitted by /u/xmanotaur [link] [comments]...
  6. Lockscreen Background

Lockscreen Background: I can't see windows spotlight option.How to bring it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-background/a64d6a42-c758-4799-80f8-ff5ea09178de
  7. Lockscreen Background

Lockscreen Background: I would like to change my Lock screen image for a while, but every time I go to select a photo and click on my chosen image, it just simply loads, nothing else... I've waited a solid 3 hours before to 'give it some time' but it simply will not change. Please help, I don't...
  8. lockscreen background

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lockscreen background: i can't change my lock screen background , what can i do [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-background/fcdc6e16-e619-43ff-b2cf-a722bce5c7f3
  9. lockscreen background

lockscreen background: I am looking for a background that the was on my lock screen and I cant find it, it was a waterfall with a bridge in the distance and all the nature surrounding it was red....
  10. Lockscreen/Background

Lockscreen/Background: I have tried a few Builds of win 10 so far, with no crashes. Have been happy with the looks and it has run all my programs so far. Right now I am on Build 10159. But there is one thing that is not working like in Windows 8/8.1: The Lockscreen/Background settings. For instance...