Windows 10: lockscreen timeout problem.

Discus and support lockscreen timeout problem. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So the problem started when I wanted to change lockscreen from windows spotlight to pictures. I accidentally enabled lock the screen. So now windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mahanmz, Aug 22, 2020.

1. lockscreen timeout problem.

So the problem started when I wanted to change lockscreen from windows spotlight to pictures. I accidentally enabled lock the screen. So now windows locks after around 30 seconds and goes to screen saver. I changed console lock display off timeout to 10 minutes but It still locks after 30 seconds. I don't know if this is the right forum but I'd appreciate your help.

submitted by /u/mahanmz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mahanmz, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Larkin857 Win User
    Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings

I'm having an issue finding what is enforcing timeout-to-lockscreen on a domain Win10 version 1909. Here is what I have done so far:

- Per our GPO administrators, no policy is currently active on the device that would cause the timeout

- In Power Options>Edit Plan Settings>Advanced Settings, performed the associated registry tweaks to show Display>Console lock display off timeout and Sleep>System unattended sleep timeout. I set both settings to 99999 minutes.

- In Power Options>Edit Plan Settings>Advanced Settings, Hard Disk>Turn off hard disk after is set to 99999 minutes, Sleep>Sleep after and >Hibernate after are both set to Never, and Display>Turn off display after is set to Never

- No screensaver is enabled

What settings could be overruling all of these to force the device to lockscreen after 15 or so minutes?

Thanks

Larkin857, Aug 22, 2020
  4. farby Win User

lockscreen timeout problem.

Lumia 950 shipping with Lockscreen Timeout bug

Hi SolderFace,

Don't think its a Bug but on purpose to prevent screen burn since the subject device has an AMOLED display.

BTW, on the 2 Lumias (earlier models) that I have, the Maps application always remain ON irrespective of Lockscreen Timeout setting.

farby, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

lockscreen timeout problem.

1. lockscreen timeout problem. - Similar Threads - lockscreen timeout problem

2. Lockscreen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen problem: Hitting WIN+L shows my login screen instead of my lock screen lock screen wallpaper how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-problem/9631cc74-61cc-4311-9614-afc63c90621f
  3. Lockscreen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockscreen problem: Hitting WIN+L shows my login screen instead of my lock screen lock screen wallpaper how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-problem/9631cc74-61cc-4311-9614-afc63c90621f
  4. Lockscreen problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lockscreen problem: My lockscreen has an email address that Win/MS doesn't recognize. I logged into my Windows account on another laptop and changed the password, but it doesn't work for the unrecognized email/username that defaults when I boot up the old laptop. The "forgot password?" routine...
  5. Problem with Windows Hello Timeout

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with Windows Hello Timeout: I have a new laptop and thought I'd use Windows Hello Face Recognition with it. Bad move. Windows Hello is checking to see if I'm in front of the computer and in perhaps a minute's time of not seeing me is locking the laptop requiring me to do a new logon. This is...
  6. windows 10 lockscreen problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 lockscreen problem: hello, I recently purchased a lenovo laptop with genuine and activated windows 10 home single language pre installed . Everything was running fine but after around 1 month suddenly my lockscreen keeps popping randomly. it doesnt have any pattern and it is random , sometimes...
  7. How to solve this timeout problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to solve this timeout problem?: When I executed a program, it crashed and I view the event log and I found that "A timeout was reached 30000 milliseconds while waiting for the Sync Host_7c37d62 service to connect." and "A timeout was reached 30000 milliseconds while waiting for the Connected Devices...
  8. Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings: I'm having an issue finding what is enforcing timeout-to-lockscreen on a domain Win10 version 1909. Here is what I have done so far: - Per our GPO administrators, no policy is currently active on the device that would cause the timeout - In Power Options>Edit Plan...
  9. Windows 10 Lockscreen Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Lockscreen Problem: Slideshow by selecting folders is also not working and there is No Time and Date visible in the Lockscreen. Lockscreen Problem Tried playing with the multiple settings in Personalization> Lockscreen Nothing worked. submitted by /u/thedesimonk [link] [comments]...
  10. Lockscreen /Startup problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockscreen /Startup problems: Hi. I've had this win 10 laptop for about 1 year. For the last 2 weeks it had occasional problems presenting a login screen after wake up. A couple of days ago, it just would no longer get from the lock screen to the login prompt. When I rebooted it, it never got to the login...