Windows 10: Lockscreen-Windows Spotlight won't refresh daily images

Discus and support Lockscreen-Windows Spotlight won't refresh daily images in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello my Windows version is: OS Version 19042.964Recently, my antivirus, Mcafee Total Protection cleaned a few temp. files, and ever since then,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Menicus, May 3, 2021.

1. Menicus Win User

Lockscreen-Windows Spotlight won't refresh daily images

Hello my Windows version is: OS Version 19042.964Recently, my antivirus, Mcafee Total Protection cleaned a few temp. files, and ever since then, Windows Spotlight won't refresh and change daily lockscreen images anymore.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance.

:)

Menicus, May 3, 2021
  2. gmopro Win User

Lockscreen - windows spotlight image

thanks. i already know that though. already set to that.

the problem is that i can only see it on the lockscreen or on the sign in screen after the lock screen. that is the problem.

i can have it on one or the other depending on if i select or unselect the see spotlight image on sign in screen.

i take it off that and then it is on lockscreen, i put it on sign in screen and it is gone from lockscreen. that is the issue.

gmopro, May 3, 2021
  3. dskiller Win User
    windows spotlight not working as intended?

windows spotlight works when locking the screen from the desktop. but will not show on the lockscreen when booting up.

steps taking.

refreshed system with deleting everything.

sfc detected no problems

dism no problems.

dskiller, May 3, 2021
  4. gmopro Win User

Lockscreen - windows spotlight image

Can you only have the windows spotlight image and comments on the lockscreen or on the log in screen? , but not both?

This seems to be the case for me. I can see it on the lockscreen and also the comments there, but then i hit a key and the log in screen is just boring green. Is there a way to see the image on both screens? i can get it on one or the other by deselecting
    or selecting 'show background preview on log in screen.' Guess it can only be on one of them. at least i can now see the comments with the photo on the same page!

gmopro, May 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Lockscreen-Windows Spotlight won't refresh daily images - Similar Threads - Lockscreen Spotlight won't

2. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder:...
  3. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder. That no longer seems to be the case; if I go to that folder there...
  4. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder. That no longer seems to be the case; if I go to that folder there...
  5. Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Image Not Changing Due to Firewall

Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Image Not Changing Due to Firewall: Hi, I'm having the same question as @rontabs had in this Post Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Image Not Changing Due to Firewall - Microsoft Community Whitelisting both exe's did not help. I know if I disable the Windows Firewall Spotlight starts to work again. So can...
  6. Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working

Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working: Hi, I'm having three issues: sfc /scannow, chkdsk c:/f, chkdsk c:/r, and Windows Spotlight Lockscreen are all not working. What happened? Basically, I tried System Restore to fix the issue with sfc /scannow and chkdsk, but this caused Windows Lockscreen to stop working....
  7. Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo: I've been stuck on the same Windows Spotlight photo for like three weeks. In my customization settings for the lockscreen, it always reverts back to "Photo" when I set it on Windows Spotlight. Any idea how to fix this and get the spotlight photo slideshows back? submitted...
  8. Spotlight lockscreen showing a blue image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotlight lockscreen showing a blue image: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Retrograde-Planet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5cl8c/spotlight_lockscreen_showing_a_blue_image/
  9. Spotlight lockscreen does not show up details about the image.

Spotlight lockscreen does not show up details about the image.: My windows is up to date and nearly a fresh install (meaning I only have it for a month or so and have some basic programs installed on it +bitdefender total security) Spotlight used to work on the same PC same windows installation same 3rd party software but now it...
  10. lockscreen window spotlight is not working

lockscreen window spotlight is not working: lockscreen window spotlight is not working. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/m%C3%A0n-h%C3%ACnh-kh%C3%B3a/e5673dee-5418-408a-930f-9c6b1998050e