Windows 10: Locky malware, lucky to avoid it

Discus and support Locky malware, lucky to avoid it in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; You may have seen reports of the Locky malware circulating the web; we think this is a good time to discuss its distribution methods, and reiterate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Locky malware, lucky to avoid it

Read more: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...y-to-avoid-it/

:)

Cluster Head, Feb 25, 2016
  2. bhringer Win User

How crypto ransomware spreads... is it decryptable...should I pay the ransom

Locky malware, lucky to avoid it

Microsoft security products are often criticized for lack of protection from crypto-ransomware. Although the following video represents a certain scenario (boot scan) it indicates Windows Defender (Win 10) and Microsoft Security Essentials provide protection.

Note: The video author has tested a number of AV/AM products but has not done a comparative, so I suggest viewing the videos of other security products that had same testing. This is not a random YT video I chose, to the best of my knowledge they are a
    valued
    contibutor
    at
    malwaretips.com
    . (yet I've been off the mark before0

Windows Defender and MSE Boot Time Protection

~

PS. If you don't appreciate the blues soundtrack, mute it, commentary via notepad is adequate.

bhringer, Feb 25, 2016
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Locky malware, lucky to avoid it - Similar Threads - Locky malware lucky

2. [HELP] Disabling Autoplay functionality to avoid malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HELP] Disabling Autoplay functionality to avoid malware?: I have a USB drive that is potentially infected with virus/malware, since I inserted it in a computer at my university library. I now wish to use it in my laptop, but under no circumstances want my it to be infected. If I disable the Autorun/Autoplay functionality and then...
  3. [HELP] Disabling Autoplay functionality to avoid malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HELP] Disabling Autoplay functionality to avoid malware?: I have a USB drive that is potentially infected with virus/malware, since I inserted it in a computer at my university library. I now wish to use it in my laptop, but under no circumstances want my it to be infected. If I disable the Autorun/Autoplay functionality and then...
  4. avoid signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    avoid signing in: I have The Latest Windows 10 Version 20H2, OS-19042-804. How can i avoid signing in on my desk top computer? it's a nuisance, as i live on my own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avoid-signing-in/0d5e1294-38a6-4262-aaa5-1f7106f62992
  5. How to avoid this ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to avoid this ?: I feel a need to reset my windows but don't want to loose my APPS and who knows what else: [img] 172130
  6. Block or Avoid LUCIFER Ransomeware or Malware detected on 24-06-2020

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block or Avoid LUCIFER Ransomeware or Malware detected on 24-06-2020: On 24-06-2020, Recently Some cybersecurity researchers found LUCIFER ransomware attacked to organization computers which is running windows based computers The way of attack is explained by the below article...
  7. Is Lucky Patcher a safe ad blocking application?

Is Lucky Patcher a safe ad blocking application?: Hi I was introduced to the Lucky Patcher application by a friend to block ads on some junk websites. My question is who used the Lucky Patcher to tell me about its safety. Thank you for reading....
  8. Problem with super lucky's tale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with super lucky's tale: I paid game pass just because I wanted to play this game (i will skip all the problems i had buying this and trying to navigate through the horrible bad designed interfaces), i managed to download it from microsoft store but when I launch it, it stucks/freezes on this screen...
  9. Locky Virus... help please!

Locky Virus... help please!: My computer came down with the Locky Virus this morning. When I googled it a company called Equipe Microfix came up and they said for $500 (for their labor) and 1.2 bitcoin they would fix the problem. I.e. go on the dark web to get a private key and decrypt program and use...
  10. I Must be one lucky person

in Windows 10 Support
    I Must be one lucky person: I have two 15" HP Envy Touchsmart laptops and an MS SP2 Pro and upgraded all three of the from 8.1 to 10. All three upgrades went about as smooth as you could ask for. I was having a couple of problems on one of my Envy's and the upgrade to 10 fixed the problems. After...