Windows 10: Log back into an existing Local Account

Discus and support Log back into an existing Local Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi during a support call we accidentally created a new profile on a users windows laptop. I can see the old accounts contents in the C drive > users... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NFarrow, Apr 21, 2021.

1. NFarrow Win User

Log back into an existing Local Account

Hi during a support call we accidentally created a new profile on a users windows laptop. I can see the old accounts contents in the C drive > users

How do I log back into this local account when it doesn't appear as an account any where else?

Thanks

:)

NFarrow, Apr 21, 2021

2. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 21, 2021
  3. DarWun Win User
    Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Log back into an existing Local Account

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Log back into an existing Local Account

1. Log back into an existing Local Account - Similar Threads - Log existing Local

2. Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account: Hi,On my current/old Win 10 PC I use a Microsoft account with a user ID that has more than five characters.I now have a new PC and want to add my existing MS account into this PC.On my new PC, when I created the same user ID of more than five characters, it truncated it to...
  3. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  4. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  5. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Help with Log In as Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Log In as Local Account: So my PC for some weird reason forces me to add the prefix " .\ " before my username. By default, it expects me to login as a domain. Is there any way to change this? So I can login using only my username (and password)? submitted by /u/Watchmen__ [link] [comments]...
  7. Local account log in

Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  8. Logging in with a previously existing account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in with a previously existing account: I recently bought a new computer after having issues with my old one and want to sign in to the new PC on my previously existing account instead of making a new account....
  9. Reverting back to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reverting back to local account: I inadvertently bought in to the request to sign in with a Microsoft account instead of my local account. When trying to use my local account at the log in I don't get the option to log in as another user and my old local account is all messed up....
  10. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...