Windows 10: Log file being created on C Drive - new since yesterday!

Discus and support Log file being created on C Drive - new since yesterday! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, Wonder if anyone has seen this before. A log file called 'test_service.log' has appeared on my C Drive. Its contents are pretty basic:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lafargeotte, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Log file being created on C Drive - new since yesterday!

Hi guys,

Wonder if anyone has seen this before.

A log file called 'test_service.log' has appeared on my C Drive. Its contents are pretty basic:
    Server OnPreShutdown.
    END OF SERVICE.
    Server started.
    Server OnPreShutdown.
    END OF SERVICE.
    Server started.
    Basically it seems to write on every shutdown and start up with the same thing. I have shown two entries but there are more and all the same.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this is, as it has only very recently appeared, and I have not installed anything new this week.

Thanks in advance.

:)

lafargeotte, Nov 11, 2016

2. "No more files" error. Can't save to D partition from apps

The hard drive of my laptop is split in a C and a D partition. The C partition has system and program files while the D partition is used for storage.

Since yesterday I can't save new files on the D partition from applications. When I try to save a new file I get the error message "There are no more files" with no further explanation.

I can save new files on C and move them to D without problems. I can also create new files by right clicking in Explorer. I can also save changes to existing files on D.

I have not installed any new programs on my laptop recently.

I tried running CCleaner and SFC scan but it did not help.

From other threads I learned that Asus Data Security Manager could be the problem. However uninstalling it did not help.

I will be happy to provide logs, extra information etc. upon request.

Rasmus Kongshøj, Nov 11, 2016
  3. System freezes on Windows 10.

Since clicking to close down the new "log on to One Drive" app instead of logging in seems to have caused my computer to jam about 10 times yesterday. Since upgrading to Windows 10 it jams at least once/twice a day but yesterday was a new high. Is anyone
    else having these problems and found a solution?

Many thanks

Original title: Jamming

UpgradedbyAccident, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Log file being created on C Drive - new since yesterday!

I remembered my firewall updated yesterday, so I did a system restore to before. The log file was not there.
    I forced the firewall update and the log file appeared.
    So I have contacted their support for some information.
    It is Evorim free-firewall.
    I have been using it for about 6 months, it is very easy to use and configure.
    I will come back when I have heard from them.

lafargeotte, Nov 11, 2016
  5. As suspected, it was the firewall. It has now been updated and the file no longer appears.

lafargeotte, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Log file being created on C Drive - new since yesterday!

1. Log file being created on C Drive - new since yesterday! - Similar Threads - Log file being

2. System Files being created on an alternate drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Files being created on an alternate drive?: Hello,Every time I try to format this hard drive, these files see picture keep reappearing no matter what I do.The Xbox Games folder can be deleted, but the Program Files and WindowsApps folder can NOT be deleted.I've tried formatting. Erasing the disk and making a new volume...
  3. System Files being created on an alternate drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Files being created on an alternate drive?: Hello,Every time I try to format this hard drive, these files see picture keep reappearing no matter what I do.The Xbox Games folder can be deleted, but the Program Files and WindowsApps folder can NOT be deleted.I've tried formatting. Erasing the disk and making a new volume...
  4. File History creates new folders and names for files from C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History creates new folders and names for files from C drive: I am having trouble with File History creating, in addition to a copy of my C folder, a second folder that it labels $OF. When I open that folder, it has a bunch of folders with 3 digit names such as 147, 481, 931, 935. When I open those folders, it has my files but with new...
  5. File History creates new folders and names for files from C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History creates new folders and names for files from C drive: I am having trouble with File History creating, in addition to a copy of my C folder, a second folder that it labels $OF. When I open that folder, it has a bunch of folders with 3 digit names such as 147, 481, 931, 935. When I open those folders, it has my files but with new...
  6. File History creates new folders and names for files from C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. New files in C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New files in C: drive: I only have my C: drive, because I have a laptop. Today a couple random folders and files popped up in my C drive: -mono.msi file -System64 folder -System folder -Mono folder I have literally never seen these before and didn't know they existed. I'm wondering what...
  8. Why is there a random empty file named boot on the C:\ directory? It was created yesterday.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is there a random empty file named boot on the C:\ directory? It was created yesterday.: [ATTACH] I'm not sure what created it, only software I downloaded yesterday was macrium reflect, and there was no boot folder that was randomly created after uninstalling. It has nothing in it. I did do however a backup from control panel, and it also picked up the boot...
  9. CD/DVD drive being "checked" constantly since Win10 upgrade yesterday

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD drive being "checked" constantly since Win10 upgrade yesterday: I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 yesterday on my Dell Inspiron. Now every 10-15 minutes I hear my CD/DVD drive grind a bit as if checking for a disk. This never happened before (unless I inserted a CD/DVD). Any ideas how to stop this? 27886
  10. cannot create a file on c drive

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create a file on c drive: Hi, Anywhere on the c drive, I cannot create files. I can only create folders. How can I change this ? Where in Windows 10 can I set myself as the power user ? 61559