Windows 10: log file

Discus and support log file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Where do i view log files after SFC/SCANNOW and how do i read them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TIMMY 067, Dec 14, 2020.

1. TIMMY 067 Win User

log file

Where do i view log files after SFC/SCANNOW and how do i read them?

:)

TIMMY 067, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 14, 2020
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Dec 14, 2020
  4. log file

[Help] Log File

Hey all,

Has anyone used the log file with powershell? I am looking to parse the log file but it is not being friendly. I save the log file as an XML and/or CSV but it doesn't really format the data correctly.

jam1239665, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

log file

1. log file - Similar Threads - log file

2. RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with the previous user's credentials.- Make an admin.rdp file with the administrator login and tell it to save the password.- Make another normal.rdp file with the normal login and tell it to save...
  3. RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with...: If I save .rdp files with different users for the same target, it will log in with the previous user's credentials.- Make an admin.rdp file with the administrator login and tell it to save the password.- Make another normal.rdp file with the normal login and tell it to save...
  4. Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.: Hi All,We're in the process of setting up our W11 deployment process and one of the options we're looking at is deploying W11 as an upgrade to W10 through SCCM. However, we've come across an odd issue as part of our testing.For fully up-to-date W11 23H2 deployments either as...
  5. Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.

Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.: Hi All,We're in the process of setting up our W11 deployment process and one of the options we're looking at is deploying W11 as an upgrade to W10 through SCCM. However, we've come across an odd issue as part of our testing.For fully up-to-date W11 23H2 deployments either as...
  6. I have log into microsoft every time I save a file yet the top screen box says I am signed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have log into microsoft every time I save a file yet the top screen box says I am signed...: I have log into microsoft every time I save a file yet the top screen box says I am signed in Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-log-into-microsoft-every-time-i-save-a-file/47b78a39-b079-4577-9ec3-2da58a010b5b
  7. I have log into microsoft every time I save a file yet the top screen box says I am signed...

I have log into microsoft every time I save a file yet the top screen box says I am signed...: I have log into microsoft every time I save a file yet the top screen box says I am signed in Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-log-into-microsoft-every-time-i-save-a-file/47b78a39-b079-4577-9ec3-2da58a010b5b
  8. Is there an easy way to transfer/view files from a PC without logging in?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there an easy way to transfer/view files from a PC without logging in?: I'm asking specifically for my brother, who — due to some family conflicts — no longer has access to his own login. We're trying to move select files from his computer to his phone, namely video and image files.Note: due to aforementioned family conflicts, we don't have...
  9. Is there an easy way to transfer/view files from a PC without logging in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an easy way to transfer/view files from a PC without logging in?: I'm asking specifically for my brother, who — due to some family conflicts — no longer has access to his own login. We're trying to move select files from his computer to his phone, namely video and image files.Note: due to aforementioned family conflicts, we don't have...
  10. Is there an easy way to transfer/view files from a PC without logging in?