Windows 10: Log files created when you upgrade Windows 10 to a newer version

Discus and support Log files created when you upgrade Windows 10 to a newer version in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [IMG]When Microsoft rolls an update for Windows 10, the upgrade process creates tons of log files in every step. These log files are useful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 15, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Log files created when you upgrade Windows 10 to a newer version

WinClub, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Log files created when you upgrade Windows 10 to a newer version - Similar Threads - Log files created

2. 0xc1900101 - 0x40017 when trying to upgrade to a newer Canary version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc1900101 - 0x40017 when trying to upgrade to a newer Canary version: The last successful upgrade was from Windows 11 Insider Preview 25182.1000 rs_prerelease to 25188.1000, nearly one year ago and all attempts ended up with a 0xc1900101- 0x40017 "The Installation Failed in the SECOND_BOOT Phase with an error during BOOT" message, both using...
  3. 0xc1900101 - 0x40017 when trying to upgrade to a newer Canary version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc1900101 - 0x40017 when trying to upgrade to a newer Canary version: The last successful upgrade was from Windows 11 Insider Preview 25182.1000 rs_prerelease to 25188.1000, nearly one year ago and all attempts ended up with a 0xc1900101- 0x40017 "The Installation Failed in the SECOND_BOOT Phase with an error during BOOT" message, both using...
  4. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10: I have been trying for months and months to upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1803 Build10.0.17134. At the moment I am trying to install Version 22H2. The update downloads, and begins installing, but installation never completes. I have been unable to insert a screenshot of the...
  5. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10: I have been trying for months and months to upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1803 Build10.0.17134. At the moment I am trying to install Version 22H2. The update downloads, and begins installing, but installation never completes. I have been unable to insert a screenshot of the...
  6. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?

Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?: Friend of mine on a Dell laptop (his business laptop) just got a message trying to schedule an "upgrade" to a newer version. This is kind of urgent. I knew that Microsoft forced updates upon us, but I had no idea they also forced version upgrades. Has anyone had any...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version: If you find that your Windows 10 is stuck on a particular version, which is now unsupported and will not upgrade, here are suggestions that will help you upgrade to the next version. When you hover your mouse pointer over the Windows Update icon in the Taskbar, you may see a...
  9. Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version: Can I upgrade from windows 10 to the newer version of windows when it comes for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-10-to-a-newer-version/e8ea567c-ad7d-4e21-a4ec-32e46471af24
  10. Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10: What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?...