Windows 10: Log files taking up too much space

Discus and support Log files taking up too much space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sethm3, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Sethm3 Win User

Log files taking up too much space

I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB. At the rate the number of these files is growing, there will be over 500 GB in maybe a week. Currently, it's around 140 GB. Can someone explain what's going on?

:)

Sethm3, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 15, 2018
  3. dcf-joe Win User
    Software That Logs What Is Taking Up Space?

Hello guys. One of our technicians has a laptop that is literally filling up its Temp folder in the Windows folder with .log files to the point where he will literally have 0 MB of free space left on the hard drive.

I have written a simple script for him that will delete everything in the Temp folder which will free up tens of gigabytes for him, but a week later we arrive at the same problem, too many .log files in the Temp folder.

Do you guys know what is going on? Maybe there is some freeware that I can use that will log what exactly is creating those .log files?

dcf-joe, Nov 15, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Log files taking up too much space - Similar Threads - Log files taking

2. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  3. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

"System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  6. Windows 10 takes up too much space

Windows 10 takes up too much space: Hi guys,I have a Windows 10 home single language OS running in laptop. I haev allocated around 220 GB for C drive among which around 200 gb has been occupied by Windows 10 OS itself now my system is slow and hangs a lot. How do I free it, I tried drive clean and everything....
  7. System Files taking up too much space

System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  8. Systen Files taking up too much space

Systen Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  9. One Drive Taking up too much space

One Drive Taking up too much space: This only happens on my laptop my desktop is utterly fine. For some reason, my laptop redownloads everything in my one drive folder. If I try to put stuff back in the cloud it re-downloads automatically the next day. Everything I've seen online to correct this essentially...
  10. Apps and games file taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and games file taking up too much space.: I have a computer that is only a few months old with only 3-4 games downloaded on it. Yet over the past few weeks my games and apps storage area has grown to ridiculous proportions and I cannot figure out what's causing it. I record certain sessions but move those to a hard...