Windows 10: Log-in and re-installation errors (including 0x803F8001) for XBox Live games

Discus and support Log-in and re-installation errors (including 0x803F8001) for XBox Live games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Until Tuesday (NZ time) I was able to play all the XBox Live games I had installed on my computer. That included Solitaire, Jigsaw, Minesweeper,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelGibb1, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Log-in and re-installation errors (including 0x803F8001) for XBox Live games

Until Tuesday (NZ time) I was able to play all the XBox Live games I had installed on my computer. That included Solitaire, Jigsaw, Minesweeper, Mahjong, Ultimate Word Games, Sudoku, and Taptiles. I also had premium subscriptions for most of them. However, except for Solitaire, Jigsaw, and Minesweeper, most of them are now glitchy in different ways.

For Mahjong and Word Games, my one year premium subscriptions have disappeared, even though they weren't close to expiring. For a short period I wasn't able to log in to them either. After I did a system restore back to about a week ago, I was able to log in to them once again. So I am able to play those two once more, but without my premium subscriptions. I can't even renew the subscriptions, as when I click on the banner recommending a premium upgrade, I get a message which on Mahjong says "There was a problem connecting to the Windows Store. Please make sure the Windows Store is working and try again."

Then for Sudoku and Taptiles, they are worse. While my premium subscriptions for them are still there, as best as I can tell, they either won't log in to my XBox Live account, or I have trouble reinstalling them. I tried to reinstall Sudoku, hoping that would fix it. However, in the Microsoft Store I kept getting error code 0x803F8001, until the system restore, which did eventually lead to Sudoku reinstalling, although it still doesn't log in. After Sudoku reinstalled, I tested the uninstall/reinstall solution with Taptiles, now I'm getting the same error code trying to reinstall that. I don't want to do another system restore just to reinstall it, knowing full well it wouldn't fix all my problems anyway.

I have tried installing other games and apps from the Microsoft Store, e.g. Bingo, and that worked fine. The game even logs into my XBox Live account. And just so you know, the XBox Live App works fine as well.

I have already looked for and tried other solutions, including running wsreset.exe in the Command Prompt (Admin), I have tried resetting individual games in Apps & Features, I have even tried re-registering the Microsoft Store app, but none of these have worked. On top of all that, I ran the troubleshooter for apps, but still no fix. What bugs me the most is that these problems appeared out of the blue. I didn't make any changes to my computer immediately prior to these problem arising, that might have caused them. So I'm not sure if the problem was caused by anything at my end, or if it was a result of something from Microsoft, e.g. upgrades.

I have noticed that on the Microsoft Sudoku Facebook page, other people are stating they're having problems with that game, while referencing the same error code. So I want to know what can be done to fix this, that is if the solution requires my doing something; anything, seeing as how others experiencing problems with the same game has me doubtful that the cause of this problem and its solution is at my end.

:)

MichaelGibb1, Nov 28, 2018

2. xbox games not working error message 0X803F8001 Have tried updating and reinstalling. nothing helps.

xbox games not working error message 0X803F8001 Have tried updating and reinstalling. nothing helps. This is happining on Microsoft Jigsaw and Majong but not on suduko or solitaire. Any suggestions?

Moved from Insider

foxypurple56, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Can't launch Gears of War 4 on Windows 10 with error code: 0x803f8001

Hi Dan,

The error code 0x803f8001 may occur when launching your games if you are not connected to Xbox Live. To resolve your concern, check if the

Xbox Live Service status
    is up running.

We also recommend that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

After installing the updates, reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

If the issue persists, re-register the Windows Store by performing the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Paste the following command: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    • You should see a progress bar that re-register the Windows Store on your computer
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
    • Launch the game again.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Nov 28, 2018
  4. paupav Win User

Log-in and re-installation errors (including 0x803F8001) for XBox Live games

xbox live or games

why are my games listed in "games" app and to other people listed in "xbox live" app?

paupav, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Log-in and re-installation errors (including 0x803F8001) for XBox Live games

1. Log-in and re-installation errors (including 0x803F8001) for XBox Live games - Similar Threads - Log installation errors

2. Error Code: 0x803F8001 on MS Store while trying to download Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code: 0x803F8001 on MS Store while trying to download Xbox Game Bar: Very recently started to encounter an issue with the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. Whenever I opened a game through the Xbox app I have game pass for PC I would receive the following error message: Check your account Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your...
  3. Microsoft’s Xbox Game Bar is crashing with error 0x803F8001

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Xbox Game Bar is crashing with error 0x803F8001: Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10 is full of useful features including a new resources monitor and it works really well. However, a recent server-side update is crashing the Game Bar with error 0x803F8001 The latest Windows 10 bug is going as far as blocking some users from...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Error Code 0x803F8001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Error Code 0x803F8001: So I am having an issue with my Xbox Game Bar, I wanted to pull it up but i got this messaged; Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. I was using Game Bar the previous night, it was working just fine....
  5. Getting the error message of Xbox Game Bar Code 0x803F8001 when starting up games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting the error message of Xbox Game Bar Code 0x803F8001 when starting up games?: I have been starting up the games and whenever I start up Microsoft Store and launch Xbox Game Bar and start up games I get an error message saying... "Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here's...
  6. Installing games: error 0x803F8001

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing games: error 0x803F8001: I tried to install Sea of Thieves and this error code popped up: 0x803F8001. What's going on here? Everytime I try and play anything from this store, it gives me errors and doesn't let me do s***. Doesn't really explain anything either when these errors pop up Btw I have the...
  7. How to re-enable permissions for xbox live games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-enable permissions for xbox live games on Win10: Hello. Every time I start to play a new xbox live enabled game on Windows, I get a popup that asks my permission for the game to "Access and update your Xbox Live info". Say I by accident dismiss this and don't give it the permission, or have manually removed the...
  8. Can't install All Game in Microsoft Store - Error Code : 0x803F8001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install All Game in Microsoft Store - Error Code : 0x803F8001: I try everything to fix that code but, it not work how can fix it ? Ps. Using Xbox Game Pass * Moved from Insider * Original title: Error Code : 0x803F8001...
  9. Error game 0x803F8001

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error game 0x803F8001: I am having problem with is error 0x803F8001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-game-0x803f8001/ab7fb9bb-9c67-415a-8f72-759bcdcc2830
  10. 0x803F8001 error on Xbox games on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x803F8001 error on Xbox games on Windows 10: I cannot play several Xbox Games due to this error. They were purchased with a Windows 8.1 computer and have worked for a long time on 2 Windows 10 computers. There is something wrong with my Microsoft/Xbox account. I cannot play the same games on 2 different Windows 10...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft ultimate word games is currently not available in your account. here’s the error code in case you need it: 0x803f8001

2. 0x803f8001

3. drawboard pdf is currently not available in your account. here’s the error code in case you need it: 0x803f8001surface pro 4

4. spider error code Spider Solitaire HD is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code in case you need it: 0x803F8001,
  5. when i try to go into Microsoft Mahjong it says not available in my account and a code 0x803F8001,
  6. word games Microsoft Ultimate Word Games is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code in case you need it: 0x803F8001,
  7. XBOX re-installation,
  8. win 10 1803 0x803f8001 3 changes in 1 year,
  9. windows phone microsoft store 0x803F8001,
  10. microsoft ultimate word games error code microsoft ultimate word games is currently not available in your account. here’s the error code in case you need it: 0x803f8001,
  11. 0x803f8001 microsoft mahjong 7/9/2017,
  12. windows store repair for spider solitaire error 0x803f8001,
  13. microsoft jigsaw and sudoku 0x803f8001 solitaire and mahjongg fine,
  14. 0x803F8001 suduko,
  15. 0x803F8001 windows game