Windows 10: "Log in as Administrator and try again" though I AM logged in as Admin? (Old PC game launch...

Discus and support "Log in as Administrator and try again" though I AM logged in as Admin? (Old PC game launch... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have Windows 10 (x64) and I'm trying to run an old CD-Rom PC game from 2002 - (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.) It installed perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hunter_K, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Hunter_K Win User

"Log in as Administrator and try again" though I AM logged in as Admin? (Old PC game launch...

Hi!

I have Windows 10 (x64) and I'm trying to run an old CD-Rom PC game from 2002 - (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.) It installed perfectly fine but when I try to launch it, it throws an error at my face telling me "Access Denied" and to log in as the Administrator and then try again. The thing is, I'm the only user on this PC so I have only one account and it is the Administrator. Why won't it recognize it? Even when I right click on the Game.exe and run it as Administrator it won't launch, in that case literally nothing happens.

I also:

- Downloaded the secdrv.sys driver, version 4.3.86.0, and saved it in the Windows/System32/Drivers folder.
    - Using the
    Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider tool I enabled Test Mode, signed that particular driver, after which it said it was signed successfully and that it should load now if Test Mode is enabled and that I should restart my computer to apply changes. I did, and ran the DSEO again enabling Test Mode. Again it said the Test Mode is enabled and I should restart the computer to apply changes. I did.
    By all rights the game should now load the security driver and launch normally.
    But it doesn't.

It STILL throws that same error message "Log in as Administrator and try again" and still nothing happens when I right click it and run is as Administrator. I took those secdrv.sys file and DSEO tool instructions from hereand as far as I understood this self-signing method was supposed to work also on Windows 10. Some have made these games work by removing the Windows update that threw away that driver, but I'm not so eager to do that as it was a security update and I bet it included other stuff too than just that one driver matter.
    I think the problem is that for some reason it doesn't acknowledge that I am signed in as the Administrator??

Any help attempt is appreciated! Thank you!

:)

Hunter_K, Jul 5, 2018

2. Log into Windows 10 as The Administrator, not the Local Administrator

Hello,

I request you to enable built-in admin account and create a new account with all admin rights.

Steps to Enable Built-In Administrator account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

• Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and press Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 5, 2018
  3. "Log in as administrator"

Dear Microsoft,

I am not able to login as administrator above provided solution because I removed to administrator privilege to my user so then when I am trying to activate admin privilege after using as description to enable admin user like

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Command prompt (Admin) and click on yes on the prompted window.
    Yes on prompted window is disabled.

I am not able to work as administrator or I need to format system.

Regards

Prashansh

prashanshkumar, Jul 5, 2018
  4. slim142 Win User

"Log in as Administrator and try again" though I AM logged in as Admin? (Old PC game launch...

How-to enable auto log-on in Windows 7?

I need the computer to boot and then automatically log into Windows 7.

The account would automatically log into a standard account (non-admin) with no password.

However, I also have another account in that same computer (which is an admin account).

If I was to enable auto log-on into this computer, how would I be able to log into the administrator account that I have later if it skips the log-in screen?

slim142, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Log in as Administrator and try again" though I AM logged in as Admin? (Old PC game launch... - Similar Threads - Log Administrator try

2. PC auto logs in as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC auto logs in as administrator: As above, then I have to go winkey, administrator and then drop down to click my username - which then takes me to entering the pin for my account. On shutdown it throw up a warning that admin is still logged in and I have to choose 'shut down anyway'.You'll hate me, but I'd...
  3. Logging in to old admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  4. Logging in to old admin account

Logging in to old admin account: When I purchased my laptop in 2017 I set up an outlook email to sign in to microsoft. I no longer have that email outlook and there is an old phone number. I tried to confirm my identity. Am now locked out. I have tried many times, but microsoft never gets back to me. How can...
  5. File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...: In Reply to davidhomerVZ: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-or-folder-permissions-are-greyed-out-even/655b059e-3a28-46dc-a73b-eef17def8123
  6. File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...

File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...: In Reply to davidhomerVZ: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-or-folder-permissions-are-greyed-out-even/655b059e-3a28-46dc-a73b-eef17def8123
  7. File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I am Administrator but I can't Log-in as such!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am Administrator but I can't Log-in as such!: I set up my wife's spare computer Windows 10 a few months ago and my first name is listed as the Administrator of her computer. I can't sign-in as Administrator using my current Microsoft Password or using any of my old Microsoft passwords as when I try to sign in as...
  9. Suddenly I need admin perms... But I am logged in on my administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly I need admin perms... But I am logged in on my administrator account: Since adding a new account on this computer I think at least this is when this problem arose, whenever I am on my main account, deleting regular files now requires permission. [ATTACH] This is just a regular folder in my Downloads, yet I am not allowed to remove it. It...
  10. I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks: I use Windows 10 Home. Each time I want to move a file/folder, it says "You'll need Administrative approval to move this folder." Today, Defrag stopped working. I opened the Run box and styped SFC/Scannow. I was told that only the Administrator has the right to do this....