Windows 10: Log in as ssh user "admin" fails with "unable to generate user token for admin as i am not...

Discus and support Log in as ssh user "admin" fails with "unable to generate user token for admin as i am not... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Open ssh server on windows 10 is configured to log on as local "Administrator" user. Logging to ssh server as user "administrator" works fine. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YogeshSingh1, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Log in as ssh user "admin" fails with "unable to generate user token for admin as i am not...

Open ssh server on windows 10 is configured to log on as local "Administrator" user. Logging to ssh server as user "administrator" works fine. But logging in as local "admin" user fails with "get_user_token - unable to generate user token for admin as i am not running as system".

User administrator has been granted right to "replace process level token".

When ssh server is configured to logon as "local system" user, login as both "admin" and administrator user works fine but commands such as "net time" fails with "Access is denied" error.

admin@UVM-70A3CB5F C:\Users\admin>powershell.exe "& {NET TIME /DOMAIN:test.com /SET /Y; if ($?) {exit 0} else {exit 1}}"

System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

:)

YogeshSingh1, Jun 11, 2019

2. Logging-in as an Admin user

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I can no longer log-in as the Admin user. I am the sole user of the machine and as far as I can remember did not change my admin settings. The outcome of this is that I can no longer update any programmes as I am constantly
    asked to log -in as an Admin user yet can find no way to do that.

Paul A Everest, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    System Admin Shenanigans?

No problem chief its pretty simple to do but usually a multi stage process.

Create an admin account using the control panel.

Then log out and log into the new admin account so windows builds it.

Then log back out and log into the super admin account your currently on.

go into your user directory and copy all of your primary user folders copy everything [CTRL+A] and copy them via right click and copy.

then go into your NEW user account and paste and allow overwrite of all the folders and files.

after it is done log into the new account and make sure everything is working correctly. if it is go to your super admin user account folder and delete all of your private data pictures documents etc.

then open up a command prompt as administrator and type the following

net user Administrator /active:no

and hit enter.

Solaris17, Jun 11, 2019
  4. ypoora1 Win User

Log in as ssh user "admin" fails with "unable to generate user token for admin as i am not...

System Admin Shenanigans?

Working on it, that's a lotta gigabytes to toss around!

ypoora1, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Log in as ssh user "admin" fails with "unable to generate user token for admin as i am not...

1. Log in as ssh user "admin" fails with "unable to generate user token for admin as i am not... - Similar Threads - Log ssh user

2. Unhide admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unhide admin user: I want to unhide Windows Admin account, how can I do that ? as other users I have are kiosk so no access to registry how to show admin mode or able to enter username. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unhide-admin-user/efb37918-173a-4de1-9ce2-8d7ed20cf9ec
  3. Admin and User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin and User Account: Hello,Sorry for the basic of not already asked questions:When I set up my new windows 11 laptop I am the admin and have a Microsoft account. I’m told I should also have a user account. Is that true?Which should be local?If I make the admin local would I still have access to...
  4. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  5. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  6. User to admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User to admin: Hello. I only have one account on my pc and I have transformed it into an user account. Now I can't access the admin privileges. How should Ichange it back to an admin account and create a new user account?...
  7. Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10: Would this work: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ng-copyprofile Edit - actually reading again it seems very complicated either way!... 147361
  8. Application logs for non-admin user win10

Application logs for non-admin user win10: Hi all, I am using windows 10 machine and wanted to view application logs for non-admin user. But currently, when looking into event viewer I don't see any logs getting generated for non-admin user. Is there a way to do this (setting some registry or global policy)? Thanks....
  9. New User Full Admin - Auto Log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Full Admin - Auto Log in: Win 10 pro How do I create a new user account with full admin rights. Then make it so that when I switch on the laptop, that account appears on the welcome screen first and logs in automatically (without the need for a password every time) Asus Pu511a 4gb ram core i5 122662
  10. User to Admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User to Admin: I don't have an administrator account on my laptop. I checked it in CMD and it say's defaultuser1, I can't change my account to admin because it say's I don't have the rights. Please help! Thanks!...