Windows 10: Log in data mandatory outside the Active hours?

Discus and support Log in data mandatory outside the Active hours? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My system is set to skip the login screen and has the Active hours set to 08:00~17:00. Yesterday I checked for updates and there were only Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, May 28, 2019.

1. Paultx Win User

My system is set to skip the login screen and has the Active hours set to 08:00~17:00.

Yesterday I checked for updates and there were only Windows Defender definition updates.

I used the PC from 10:00 until around 18:00 and there was no warning about Windows updates.

So I was surprised today morning because the login screen asked for my PIN or password.

Then I remembered it had happened once a few weeks ago and I noticed that both times I turned the PC on before 8:00. And every time I turn it on after 8:00 it never asks me for log in data.

Is there something that forces users to enter log in data, even if they set Windows to skip, when logging in outside the Active hours?

:)

Paultx, May 28, 2019
  2. karlliss Win User

windows 10 is NOT restarting after a windows update even if is outside of active hours.

I start windows updates on my system and leave for dinner, expecting the updates to be finished and the system re-booted when i return.

when i return at 7:30 pm (outside of active hours) i find the update status screen with a status of "awaiting restart"

"your device is scheduled to restart outside of active hours. (Active hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)"

If i click on "restart now" everything completes normally.

I have a screen print showing this information along with the system clock showing that the current time is outside of active hours (is it possible to post that screen print here?)

This is NOT a new problem and actually happens on more than one PC, but i am getting tired of going though the extra steps and waiting for completion of this process that should have already finished while i was away from my PC.

Why won't my system reboot outside of active hours after updates are complete?

Windows 10 pro

version 1709

os build 16299.334

Active hours are 8am to 5pm.

karlliss, May 28, 2019
  3. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, May 28, 2019
  4. Log in data mandatory outside the Active hours?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Log in data mandatory outside the Active hours? - Similar Threads - Log data mandatory

2. Activating a driver outside of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating a driver outside of Windows: In my frustrations of dealing with the infamous high DPC latency issues á la GeForce drivers in Windows 11, which apart from their own driver also creates enormous latency-spikes in acpi.sys, i used an auto-start application to disable Windows' ACPI driver from loading with...
  3. Activating a driver outside of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating a driver outside of Windows: In my frustrations of dealing with the infamous high DPC latency issues á la GeForce drivers in Windows 11, which apart from their own driver also creates enormous latency-spikes in acpi.sys, i used an auto-start application to disable Windows' ACPI driver from loading with...
  4. Restarts Outside Active Hours Can Be That Day, or Take Up to a Week? Why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarts Outside Active Hours Can Be That Day, or Take Up to a Week? Why?: Guys, My computers will get the Action Center Notification, "Your Device Needs to Restart Outside Active Hours" and after Active Hours have ended, Mine are from 7AM-1AM the computers will sometimes auto reboot overnight to install Windows Updates. Other times, it will be...
  5. Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909

Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909: Guys, Ever since build 1803, I have had intermittent issues with my computer not restarting once Active Hours have ended. My Active Hours are set from 7AM to 1 AM, and around Patch Tuesday, or a day or so later, I correctly get a notice in Action Center that my PC needs to...
  6. Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?

Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?: Greetings All, I have had really bad frustrations with the unpredictability of Focus Assist and Active Hours ever since build 1809 on Windows 10 and this has now carried over on two PC’s; a Dell Desktop and a Toshiba Laptop. Here are some observations for the Microsoft...
  7. Windows Permanently Requesting to Restart Outside of Active Hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Permanently Requesting to Restart Outside of Active Hours: For a few months now my laptop has been incessantly informing me that it will restart outside of active hours to finish installing updates. The problem? The updates fail to install every time, no matter how many restarts it attempts. Given how annoying the occasional...
  8. how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?

how to turn off the notification that my device will restart outside of active hours?: Basically what the title says. I never got the notification before and now that I factory reset my device, i'm getting it every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-the-notification-that-my-device/c305f793-99c9-44d5-9fc8-940cb43f66f9
  9. Activity Logging and Analysis for a Data Geek

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Activity Logging and Analysis for a Data Geek: Hello, I am looking for some help with logging my activity on windows. Please note I am a bit of a data nerd and so what I am looking for is a bit different from a beginner user. While I can't program, I can usually find my way through cmd and more advanced windows...
  10. How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?

How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?: I hate this "feature" of Windows deciding to restart my computer without my permission, just because it feels like it. Not only do I run a web server on my PC, but I also have many open documents at times, plenty of which I don't save. That doesn't mean I don't need the...