Windows 10: Log in issue after upgrading

Discus and support Log in issue after upgrading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello people, I had my laptop upgraded and it had a fresh install of Windows 10. All is fine. However, I need to reinstall the full Microsoft Package... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by burley_feest, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Log in issue after upgrading

Hello people,

I had my laptop upgraded and it had a fresh install of Windows 10.

All is fine. However, I need to reinstall the full Microsoft Package but I need my password to log in. The problem is this - all my passwords were in Excel, which is now not installed.

I have my registration key, but I can't log in to Microsoft to install it all again. I can't recall which username I used.

I have a problem. A BIG problem. Can somebody help me out?

Thanks Guys and Girls!

:)

burley_feest, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Log in issue after upgrading

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Log in issue after upgrading - Similar Threads - Log issue upgrading

2. Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade: I just upgraded to Windows 11, but somehow it only let me to log in using PIN while 99% I was using fingerprint. Every network only connected without internet so I was unable to log in to microsoft to reset password. Now I'm stuck at the login screen without no way to login....
  3. Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade: I just upgraded to Windows 11, but somehow it only let me to log in using PIN while 99% I was using fingerprint. Every network only connected without internet so I was unable to log in to microsoft to reset password. Now I'm stuck at the login screen without no way to login....
  4. PIN log in issue after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    PIN log in issue after update: The recent update made me put in a PIN, on restart I have to enter a PIN, I don't want to use the PIN, but when I go to settings to try to remove the PIN it says that the Hello welcome PIN is not set up, yet I have to enter the PIN on the welcome screen on restarts and I have...
  5. After upgrade an issue with hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After upgrade an issue with hibernation: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and whenI recover my PC from the hibernation, it has an issue. Then it fixes it and performs a boot from scratch.It is a kernel data inpage error and I received an error code 0xc000001...
  6. Activation Issue after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Issue after upgrade: I took part in the free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 when it first rolled out a few years ago. Since then I've upgraded my system several times. The last time I did it I installed a new CPU and GPU. Afterwards, I received a notification saying that I had to activate my copy...
  7. Can't log in after Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't log in after Upgrade: Split from this thread. Can't lo in after 10 upgrade. Profile. Not loaded. Can' t do anything!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-after-upgrade/9f31b650-b55e-4db8-b4bb-b41d0f7ce8fb
  8. keyboard issues after upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard issues after upgrade: after a recent upgrade of Windows 10, some keys on the laptop keyboard don't work. any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/keyboard-issues-after-upgrade/91f94e93-99fa-48ca-a792-631c34ef78e9
  9. Log in issue after update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log in issue after update: After updating this Tuesday I now have to enter my log-in pin twice. Is this a glitch or a new feature I need to adjust? thanks Bill 96000
  10. Cannot log in after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log in after upgrade: Just upgraded my work pc to windows 10. Haven't gotten to the desktop yet. I cannot no longer log in. It does not recognize my password. This has never happened before. Also, my login prompt under 8.1 was just the password. Now it also presents me with a selection for the...