Windows 10: log in log out fatigue and custom scale set

Discus and support log in log out fatigue and custom scale set in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my HP spectre 13 with two external monitors in the office. Several programs are not displaying correctly on the monitor so I had to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeyKeys, May 17, 2019 at 5:03 PM.

1. HeyKeys Win User

I use my HP spectre 13 with two external monitors in the office. Several programs are not displaying correctly on the monitor so I had to find a solution to fix this.

What works is to insert a custom scaling size of 100% under "advanced scaling settings". All programs are then working perfectly fine.

Now if I have to go to a meeting with my laptop and use the laptop screen, the apps and text are much too small on the laptop screen (due to the custom scale of 100%). I just managed to navigate to settings > display > and eliminate the custom settings. I have then to log out and log in again. The custom setting is then gone and all apps have adequate size again on the laptop screen.

Back in the office I have to set the custome scale again.

The process of login-logout is taking time and changing manually the scaling is not so pleasant.

Can windows 10 not automatically adjust scaling when only the laptop screen is used?

Why do I have to set this custom scaling to 100%?

:)

2. Wozzer Win User

Struggling to log on

Hello all,

I have a friend who registered here a couple of weeks ago (Jacko28), but he's struggling to log on. He logs on, but once trying to create a post - it logs him out.

He's deleted cookies, tried a diffrent browers, and other various things.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Wasley

*Toast :toast:

3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 17, 2019 at 5:05 PM
  4. KiloLima Win User

ProcHot Logging?

I saw this under the main features on the website so I wasn't sure if this was included in RealTemp 3.7

• Reporting and logging of the Intel PROCHOT# thermal throttle activity bit.
    I am using a baytrail e3845

Thema:

1. log in log out fatigue and custom scale set - Similar Threads - log log fatigue

2. Log in errors - You must log out first...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in errors - You must log out first...: I've a new computer (all in one desktop) and every single time I log in it comes up with this error... so it logs me out and when I log in again it's with a NEW temporary account.... I'm so frustrated... I personally have two Microsoft accounts (home and work) and my...
  3. log out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log out: my stuff has been compromised I want logged out of all communities https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-out/511a6042-ac30-4b77-9565-d8635bd97f0f"
  4. LOG out of MSN for an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LOG out of MSN for an app: Need to log out of MSN for an app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-out-of-msn-for-an-app/6188df90-e5e9-4ef8-a953-ada051c82732
  5. custom scaling level.

in Windows 10 Support
    custom scaling level.: Under set a custom scaling level. How can switch between 29 an 49 with one keystroke? I know that the user has to sign out and then sign back in again for the changes for the changes to take effect. Besides that how can I set it up with one keystroke? Don Cole 112657
  6. Logging Out of Web Site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging Out of Web Site: I was once told that for security purposes, one should always click on the "logout" button on a web site before closing the internet page (i.e. on a banking site or medical site). I was told that this reduces the chance of someone gaining access to the site (versus just...
  7. Customize the Windows 10 Log-On and Log-Off Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize the Windows 10 Log-On and Log-Off Screen: how Customize the Windows 10 Log-On and Log-Off Screen in Build 10240? i like a black color! *Confused 9013
  8. Locked out of logging into system

Locked out of logging into system: Whenever I turn on my hp laptop, has my name & request password . That's where trouble begins .... Don't remember my password & it won't allow me to reset or get to start , control panel etc page . Help me please ! 64261
  9. Log Ins/Outs

Log Ins/Outs: I have noticed that win 10 does not allow a generic log in screen like 7/8 did. I have 3 users on my pc; if I am the only one logged in, and log out, it just reboots my desktop. If another is logged in and logs out, the same. Is there a magic key to return the log in...
  10. How to sign/log out

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sign/log out: Occasionally a change made with a program requires you to log/sign out and back in before it will take effect. I use TweakUI to remove the arrows from the desktop shortcuts. (Yes, I know there are other ways.) I'm on Build 10122 and when I went to log out I couldn't find a...