Windows 10: Log in mask does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]

Discus and support Log in mask does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently] in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I am having the following symptoms: After resuming windows by pressing the power button of my laptop on some occasions I see: - The windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sirati97⠀, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Log in mask does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]

Hello,

I am having the following symptoms:

After resuming windows by pressing the power button of my laptop on some occasions I see:

- The windows booting screen

- Then it disappears and I see either my desktop/login background (its the same so I cannot tell which one it is) or a green screen (my colour scheme) or a black screen.

- if I try moving my mouse, it works, I can see it, and it uses the cursor set for the last user logged in

- waiting for up to 20 minutes does not yield anything

This happens about 70% of the times I try to resume. As I cannot do everything I have to hard reset my laptop to get into windows again. THis is bad as I lose all unsaved data.

Please note that I do not have any problem turning on the computer. Just the login mask does not appear. Please do not give me tips regarding turning on the laptop as this works flawlessly.

I have found some events in the event manager from the time when I tried resuming windows last time. 11/01/19 16:20 UTC

"NvAPI_GPU_GetBrandType failed with code=-1" from NVWMI. I could not find any other that seem relevant.

Cheers sirati

:)

sirati97⠀, Jan 11, 2019

2. Artifacts when exiting standby & hibernation

That Powerstrip function is just there to re-overclock if needed when the card is reset to default clock frequencies after resuming from standby or hibernation, isn't it?

The "smallest frequency step with the current divider" is exactly the way to fix it and works across the all the ATI boards. Are there many other ATITool users w/this issue? I don't see that many here in the forum?

Steve

Stephen M. Smith, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Desktop Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate Icons

I discovered some time ago a simple means of adding two desktop icons to cover Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. I now use these icons all the time as it avoids using the Start procedure, which I never use at all unless I wish to Restart immediately after shutdown. Even then, I tend to use my desktop icons. Just close the browser, click the desktop icon and it is done.

On your desktop, right click the free space, then click new shortcut, you get a Wizard, copy/paste the command for the location type from one of the below commands (in this case, %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState ). Then click Next. You are asked to give it a title - Standby, Hibernate or Shutdown, I suggest using "Standby/Hibernate", click Finish.

Shutdown: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s
    Reboot: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r
    Logoff: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -l
    Standby: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
    Hibernate: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate
    I have listed Hibernate for reference only, as the Hibernate desktop icon does not work for systems reasons, Hibernate can only be achieved by manually using the Power Options properties panel.

Use CNTRL+C to copy and CNTRL+V to paste.

Hibernate is automatic if the Hibernate box is checked in the Power Options properties panel. If the box is not checked, then Standby is automatic. You have to select this box to give you the option you want.

Standby is more convenient if you are using the PC constantly, it is a quicker recovery, but has a power trickle. For long periods of absence, use Hibernate, it is much slower in recovering, but effectively shuts your computer down.

The Power options panel is found by Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernate.

The two desktop icons created can be changed by Right clicking the icon then Properties>Change icon>Browse>Windows 32>shell32dll>select icon>OK>Apply>OK
    You now have two brand new icons on your desktop for Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. It works a treat.

My icons are :-

Log in mask does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently] Desktopicons-1.jpg

Bald Eagle, Jan 11, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Log in mask does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]

Artifacts when exiting standby & hibernation

when you are all talking about "divider" i think you mean "smallest frequency step with the current divider" ..

i havent found a way how a non-pnp kernel mode driver can get notified of power events like standby/hibernate

W1zzard, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Log in mask does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]

1. Log in mask does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently] - Similar Threads - Log mask does

2. Apps hang after resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps hang after resume from hibernation: Apps that have files open over the network hang after a resume from hibernation, even though the server has been up the whole time. It might even affect apps that simply try to access the network over a connection that no longer exists, including possibly explorer....
  3. BugCheck resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BugCheck resuming from Hibernate: Hi, Everyday when I stop working, I put my computer in hibernate mode. Next morning when I turn on the PC, it simply don't resume correctly from hibernate mode. It doesn't show anything, but, checking the Event Viewer I have identified an event like this: Log Name:...
  4. Blue screen after resuming from hibernate

Blue screen after resuming from hibernate: I keep running into blue screen after resuming from hibernate state in Windows 10 pro and it says "dpc watchdog violation" . I tried to find the cause by using WinDBbg and I got the following resaults . Is there any solution for it? Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  5. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  6. Microsoft keyboard (wireless) does not work after resuming from hibernation.

Microsoft keyboard (wireless) does not work after resuming from hibernation.: I'm using the Microsoft EKZ-00001 Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID. After resuming my PC from hibernation, the keyboard doesn't work. I use the keyboard in the wireless mode via an USB dongle. I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 with all updates applied. This issue...
  7. Logon.exe does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]

Logon.exe does not load after resuming from either standby or hibernate [not consistently]: Hello, I am having the following symptoms: After resuming windows by pressing the power button of my laptop on some occasions I see: - The windows booting screen - Then it disappears and I see either my desktop/login mask (its the same so I cannot tell which one it is)...
  8. Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

Failure at resume from standby/hibernate: ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0: Hi, sometimes i get a BSOD / Blackscreen when I resume from Hibernate/Standby. I ran Memtest and checked the temperatures. No Problems there. Also all drivers should be up to date AFAIK. I looked at the dumps with BlueScreenView and spotted a repeating Crash Adress:...
  9. After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

in Windows 10 Support
    After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.: Have an issue that I have not encountered before. After the machine resumes from hibernation, it starts to hibernate again right at the log on screen. Then I have to wake it again and it seems ok. Any ideas what setting can be the reason for this? 83740
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 nvapi_gpu_getbrandtype failed with code=-1 nvwmi