Windows 10: Log in not recognized, wants to use Windows Hello

Discus and support Log in not recognized, wants to use Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I went to log into my personal PC today, a Dell I've owned for 2 years, and it didn't recognize my PIN. It had two buttons below the password bar... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CookieCutter333, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Log in not recognized, wants to use Windows Hello

When I went to log into my personal PC today, a Dell I've owned for 2 years, and it didn't recognize my PIN. It had two buttons below the password bar that I'd never seen before - one to use a pin & one to use the password. Don't know why they suddenly showed up.

I tried numerous times without success. Finally, the system seemed to recognize my PIN and started to load, but would kick me back to "unrecognized" screen. Witgout any other option, I had to reset my password. Even after creating a new password, it took 3 times before the system recognized it.

I don't have, want, or need a facial or fingerprint log in for my personal home PC. WTF did Microsoft suddenly want me to use it and not recognize my PIN login? Thank you.

:)

CookieCutter333, Nov 14, 2018

2. Windows Hello Recognizes Face Then Fails To Log In

I have already read this article - nothing fixed my issue. Windows hello recognizes me fine - the issue is that it fails to log me in after it has recognized me.

SanfordMorton, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Hello not logging into MS Account

Hi,

For us to identify what causes your computer to require you to enter your Microsoft credentials even after being facially recognized by Windows Hello, we would like to gather more information:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you checked your Sign-in options?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Log in not recognized, wants to use Windows Hello

Windows Hello Recognizes Face Then Fails To Log In

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for inconvenience caused

I will surely assist you to rectify the issue.

Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Surface with just a look or a touch. The front-facing camera on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book recognizes your face and iris, allowing you to sign in to Windows 10 without having to touch the screen
    or keyboard. Or, if you have a Surface Pro 4 and a Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID (sold separately), you can use the fingerprint reader on that Cover to sign in with a press of your finger.

I would suggest you to refer the article below and follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in it and see if it helps:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...n-in-and-accounts/windows-hello?os=windows-10

Hope this helps.

If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Log in not recognized, wants to use Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Log recognized wants

2. I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 and Windows 11I have set up Fingerprint Recognition Windows Hello, for multiple fingers, but Windows Hello it is still requiring pin. When I go to Account - Windows Hello - Pin Windows Hello - Remove this sign in option, the remove button is...
  3. I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 and Windows 11I have set up Fingerprint Recognition Windows Hello, for multiple fingers, but Windows Hello it is still requiring pin. When I go to Account - Windows Hello - Pin Windows Hello - Remove this sign in option, the remove button is...
  4. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face: I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where installed that would have affected it. I've tried almost every solution that I could find, including: Checking for...
  5. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face: I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where installed that would have affected it. I've tried almost every solution that I could find, including: Checking for...
  6. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. as the windows hello recognization

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    as the windows hello recognization: Hi My Name is Piyush I have Lenovo Ideapad S340-14iil,but I see it cannot do face recognization, but when I went to buy and dealer said It has windows hello recognization. I came at home there was no recognization feature. plz help me out Regards, Piyush Sonawane...
  8. Can't log into Windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into Windows hello: My Windows 10 hello screen does not recognize my password or pin. I have tried safe mode I have tried safe mode with networking I have tried the on screen keyboard in safe mode with networking. Nothing has gotten me past the login screen. I reset my password with Microsoft...
  9. Windows hello can't recognize camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hello can't recognize camera: Windows hello cannot recognize my camera so I cannot use face recognition login. I tried to connect USB camera with the same result. What’s your suggestions?...
  10. windows hello face log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello face log in: Is windows hello face log in work's on Asus ux430ua? My device is not supporting windows hello face log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-log-in/f0e1bb1b-7c09-4933-a052-fe10984a82d8"