Windows 10: Log in page is broken

Discus and support Log in page is broken in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I restart my laptop it shows a broken screen with no logo, then turns completely black with only the cursor showing. How to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jace.ryan90, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Log in page is broken

Whenever I restart my laptop it shows a broken screen with no logo, then turns completely black with only the cursor showing. How to fix this?

:)

jace.ryan90, Dec 6, 2022

2. Change photo on log-in page

Hi Audrey's,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• When you say, "generic circle above my log-in name" what exactly are you referring to?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Account.
    • Under Accounts, select the option "Your account".
    • Under Your picture, click on
      Browse
      option and you may select the picture of your choice so that it is display on your account sign-in page.
    If the above steps doesn't work, I want you to send us a screenshot of the issue so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 6, 2022
  3. can not log in on home page

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to log-in to your desktop, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might be due to corrupted user account.

I suggest you to enter in to safe mode, enable built-in administrator account and troubleshoot the existing user account. Please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.
    • Here select Change pc settings and then General.
    • Scroll down to Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built-in administrator account and try to troubleshoot the corrupted user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the link below to run user account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account troubleshooter

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Log in page is broken

Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Log in page is broken - Similar Threads - Log page broken

2. Log in page is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Log in page is broken: Whenever I restart my laptop it shows a broken screen with no logo, then turns completely black with only the cursor showing. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-page-is-broken/f351f22f-5332-4090-91db-c11b2970a941
  3. Log in page is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in page is broken: Whenever I restart my laptop it shows a broken screen with no logo, then turns completely black with only the cursor showing. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-page-is-broken/f351f22f-5332-4090-91db-c11b2970a941
  4. BitLocker recovery key page broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key page broken?: I'm trying to get at a BitLocker recovery key, saved to my Microsoft account.When I follow the link to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey from...
  5. broken w11 sign in page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    broken w11 sign in page: The windows sign in page is broken. Whenever I restart my laptop. It shows a broken screen with no logo, then turns completely black with only the cursor showing. How to fix this?...
  6. broken w11 sign in page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    broken w11 sign in page: The windows sign in page is broken. Whenever I restart my laptop. It shows a broken screen with no logo, then turns completely black with only the cursor showing. How to fix this?...
  7. "Windows Update" page broken in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Windows Update" page broken in settings: So in my laptop, windows update page is broken.......can anyone help?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-broken-in-settings/a42e64af-2660-40fd-9ffc-a236c6873976
  8. Is the Answers.Microsoft page broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Answers.Microsoft page broken?: I posted a question and eventually solved the issue myself and wanted to reply in the same forum the how to fix but it doesn't let me reply to anything. Id like to add that everyone is named 'A.user' for some reason. Im pretty sure it used to display actual user names. Is...
  9. Log on welcome page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on welcome page: After the last Windows 10 update two of the three logon names were removed by the update. I have tried several things with no positive results. The two other names remain off the logon page....
  10. Log in screen broken?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in screen broken?: Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me I boot up my laptop and when it gets to the login screen (the screen with the time and date just before you can enter your password) when I press a button and the screen slides up to reveal my account name and the section to enter...