Windows 10: log in picture and name edit ( I am the administrator

Discus and support log in picture and name edit ( I am the administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi got my computer re-formatted back to original. new hard drive Windows 10 when he set it up under my login picture and name when you change user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VINCENTGRACE, Sep 21, 2018.

1. log in picture and name edit ( I am the administrator

Hi got my computer re-formatted back to original. new hard drive Windows 10

when he set it up under my login picture and name when you change user and in the my info section he spelt my name wrong which does my head in. how do I edit it please

I have tried all the setting's and help stuff but cant find it. I am the administrator.

Thankyou very much

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

VINCENTGRACE, Sep 21, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Startup screen picture and name

Hello Elliott,

For the steps on how to change your account picture on Windows 10, please refer to this

link

In regards to changing your name on the sign in screen, it will depend whether you're signed in as a local user or signed in using a Microsoft account.

For changing a local account user name, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type User Accounts then press
      Enter.
    • Select your local account.
    • Click Change the account name.
    • Enter the new name for the account.
    • Click Change Name to complete.
    For changing a Microsoft account user name, please follow the steps below.

• Sign in with your Microsoft account
      here
    • Beside your full name, click Edit name.
    • Enter the new name for your Microsoft account.
    • Click Save to complete.
    • Restart your PC.
    Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Devlin Sco, Sep 21, 2018
  4. log in picture and name edit ( I am the administrator

Hello,

I request you to enable built-in admin account and create a new account with all admin rights.

Steps to Enable Built-In Administrator account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

• Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and press Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. log in picture and name edit ( I am the administrator - Similar Threads - log picture name

2. Editing pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing pictures: I am unable to save my edits! After spending days editing pictures from vacation with no problems, suddenly everything is read only. Why is this thread locked when no solution was found. I am suddenly having this problem in December 2021 and cannot find a solution. = How to...
  3. Editing pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing pictures: I am unable to save my edits! After spending days editing pictures from vacation with no problems, suddenly everything is read only. Why is this thread locked when no solution was found. I am suddenly having this problem in December 2021 and cannot find a solution. = How to...
  4. I *AM* the Administrator!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  5. I *AM* the Administrator!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I *AM* the Administrator!: How can I convince my computer that I really am the administrator? I own the darned thing, no one else uses it, who ELSE would be the Administrator? Yet, when attempting certain tasks, it tells me that only an Administrator can do that. Then it presents me with a button that...
  6. I *AM* the Administrator!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Am I an Administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Am I an Administrator?: If I go, to Settings/Accounts. There is my picture, my email address. And, in big letters, Administrator.But I'm often, installing, deleting something.And I see. Must be an, Administrator.So how, do I change it. Get Administrator rights?This is, my computer. So, having,...
  8. I am Administrator but I can't Log-in as such!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am Administrator but I can't Log-in as such!: I set up my wife's spare computer Windows 10 a few months ago and my first name is listed as the Administrator of her computer. I can't sign-in as Administrator using my current Microsoft Password or using any of my old Microsoft passwords as when I try to sign in as...
  9. Administrator Or Am I

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Or Am I: Hi, I want to delete some software off my pc. However, the uninstall wizard stops during the uninstall, with an error message telling me I'm not the administrator. In addition, my PC only has one accountprofile and I'm the administrator? Any help on this would be great....
  10. I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am logged in as Administrator but am not allowed to perform Administrator tasks: I use Windows 10 Home. Each time I want to move a file/folder, it says "You'll need Administrative approval to move this folder." Today, Defrag stopped working. I opened the Run box and styped SFC/Scannow. I was told that only the Administrator has the right to do this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. log in picture and name edit ( I am the administrator