Windows 10: Log in Preference

Discus and support Log in Preference in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, When I try log in LogOnUI.exe appears up and tells me to press ctrl+alt+delete and change my password. It looks like CMD/Command propt and i log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MTH01, Jul 7, 2020.

1. MTH01 Win User

Hello, When I try log in LogOnUI.exe appears up and tells me to press ctrl+alt+delete and change my password. It looks like CMD/Command propt and i log in perfectly fine. Is there a way where i can change this back to normal

:)

MTH01, Jul 7, 2020

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Log in Preference

I can not log into my laptop after Windows 10 update.

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when, you have not logged in to your computer as administrator.

I would suggest you to login to your account using administrator account.

To know the administrator user account on your system, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + r and type
      netplwiz
      , click Ok.

• Check for the administrator user accounts.

• Try logging in though administrator account.
    Once you logged in though administrator account, you can change user type of your preferred user, though which you want to login.

To change your preferred user account to administrator, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + r and type
      netplwiz
      , click Ok.

• Select your user account.

• Click on Properties.

• Click on Group Membership.

• Select Administrator and click on
      Apply.
    Now your preferred user account will be changed to Administrator.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Log in Preference - Similar Threads - Log Preference

2. The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@: Hi! I recently ran into a problem when setting a password with #@$ characters and trying to login after logout. The password was set correctly, but it returned an error when trying to log in to the user. Passwords that cause problems: 49efvH$TGB$#R3535u46jhI changed the...
  3. The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The problem with logging into the OS when using #$@: Hi! I recently ran into a problem when setting a password with #@$ characters and trying to login after logout. The password was set correctly, but it returned an error when trying to log in to the user. Passwords that cause problems: 49efvH$TGB$#R3535u46jhI changed the...
  4. I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first: Hi, I cannot log on to my account because its sending the code to the lost number . can you please help me change the number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-remove-my-old-number-and-add-a-new/5b55e383-41e2-4dfd-b5fb-43e4589606cd
  5. I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first

I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first: Hi, I cannot log on to my account because its sending the code to the lost number . can you please help me change the number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-remove-my-old-number-and-add-a-new/5b55e383-41e2-4dfd-b5fb-43e4589606cd
  6. Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local: Hello.My work Windows runs on a local account. I'd like to log in to OneDrive and OneNote maybe also Office later on in order to have some files and notes both stored online and handy on the machine nothing "classified" of course, mostly manuals and textbooks. I want to log...
  7. Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local

Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local: Hello.My work Windows runs on a local account. I'd like to log in to OneDrive and OneNote maybe also Office later on in order to have some files and notes both stored online and handy on the machine nothing "classified" of course, mostly manuals and textbooks. I want to log...
  8. All system preferences, most personal files, and more wiped from my system upon logging in!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All system preferences, most personal files, and more wiped from my system upon logging in!: Earlier, I turned on my laptop and attempted to log in to user profile on Windows 11, however, I was met with a screen saying something along the lines of "User process failed to sign in". So, I rebooted my system and tried to log in again. This time, instead of saying...
  9. All system preferences, most personal files, and more wiped from my system upon logging in!

All system preferences, most personal files, and more wiped from my system upon logging in!: Earlier, I turned on my laptop and attempted to log in to user profile on Windows 11, however, I was met with a screen saying something along the lines of "User process failed to sign in". So, I rebooted my system and tried to log in again. This time, instead of saying...
  10. Why is Microsoft asking me to continuously change my passwords or log in preferences?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Microsoft asking me to continuously change my passwords or log in preferences?: Seriously, ENOUGH! I don't want a pin to sign into Win10. Don't need that. Also, now ALL my Office 365 programs are asking me to change my login to make it easier to access these apps. NO!!!! I don't want one password to access everything. I am fine with having separate...