Windows 10: Log in required after inactivity - can time interval be lenghtened

Discus and support Log in required after inactivity - can time interval be lenghtened in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm new to Win 10 Home and notice that after periods of inactivity I must first click out of a screen picture and next log in again . Wondering why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fdm2000, Feb 3, 2020.

1. fdm2000 Win User

I'm new to Win 10 Home and notice that after periods of inactivity I must first click out of a screen picture and next log in again . Wondering why this is happening and if the time period can be lengthened?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frank

:)

fdm2000, Feb 3, 2020

2. Windows 10: How to change a theme slideshow time interval?

If you want to set intervals of your choice, you can do it by modifying the registry. Please follow the below steps to set the slideshow intervals:

1. Open Run and type regedit.exe
    2. Navigate to:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow

In here, the two important values are the Interval, and Shuffle.

Double click on Shuffle, and change the value to 1. OK.

Then change the Interval by double clicking on it. You'll first want to change the Base to Decimal, rather than Hexadecimal (otherwise you'll get unexpected interval values). Then change the value to your desired time, in milliseconds (10000ms for 10 seconds).

You can exit regedit now. The final step is to restart Explorer. You can do this through Task Manager if you know how, otherwise simply restart your computer.

user9081124, Feb 3, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Log in required after inactivity - can time interval be lenghtened :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Log in required after inactivity - can time interval be lenghtened

Windows 10 times out after 1 minute of inactivity

Hi Heidi,

Please let us know the make and model of your device.

I suggest you to perform the method below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter

Power troubleshooter find and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar on the desktop and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

After running the troubleshooter, set up Screen time out settings to required time and check.

Follow the Steps below.

1. Right click Desktop and select Personalization.

2. Click on Lock Screen and select Screen time out settings.

3. You can change to the required time in the drop down under Screen.

I suggest you to download and install the latest Chipset drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with of the issue in regards with
    times out after 1 minute of inactivity the results and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating system. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Log in required after inactivity - can time interval be lenghtened - Similar Threads - Log required inactivity

2. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default: After 30 minutes of inactivity that is without keypresses and mouse movements appears automatically Lock screen sign in / logon screen. I need to enter the password to unlock the screen and to enter the system back. Is there any option to disable this function or at least to...
  3. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default: After 30 minutes of inactivity that is without keypresses and mouse movements appears automatically Lock screen sign in / logon screen. I need to enter the password to unlock the screen and to enter the system back. Is there any option to disable this function or at least to...
  4. Lock sign in screen inactivity idle time interval - any option to change 30 minutes by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro: HiAfter certain time of inactivity without keypresses and mouse movements automatically appears sign in / logon screen, so a user needs to enter the password to unlock the system.The default value ion inactivity interval s 10 minutes. It is too short and very inconvenient...
  6. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro: HiAfter certain time of inactivity without keypresses and mouse movements automatically appears sign in / logon screen, so a user needs to enter the password to unlock the system.The default value ion inactivity interval s 10 minutes. It is too short and very inconvenient...
  7. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Password required after log off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password required after log off: Several weeks ago (maybe after a WU) I found that I was required to sign in with a password after "logging off". At that point, I must restart the machine, and it boots right up to the desktop, no password requested. This unit never has been setup to ask for a password. I...
  9. inactivity screen time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    inactivity screen time: First, english is not my first language so i'm sorry if i use any wrong terms. i installed windows 10 on my notebook recently and i'm having trouble altering the energy settings. as default, after one minute of inactivity, the system blocks the screen, i tried to change it on...
  10. How to not require password after inactivity; only after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to not require password after inactivity; only after sleep: I recently enabled the lock screen slideshow in Windows 10. Every time my display turns off (after 2 minutes of inactivity), it goes back to the lock screen and I have to login again. This issue is fixed by going to Settings-->Accounts-->Sign-in options and changing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avoid password required again after 15 minutes inactivity