Windows 10: Log in screen does not appear on startup

Discus and support Log in screen does not appear on startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm using Win 10, Ver 1903 on a 3 yr old HP Pavilion laptop. I had set password protection on startup and has worked fine for years but now it skips... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HLFJR, Aug 13, 2019.

1. HLFJR Win User

I'm using Win 10, Ver 1903 on a 3 yr old HP Pavilion laptop. I had set password protection on startup and has worked fine for years but now it skips the sign in screen when I turn the laptop on. If laptop goes to sleep while not in use. it will ask for the password. This change probably started after the last monthly update. I have checked the password is setup per the 'sign in options' page and also went thru the process of resetting my password and still nothing has changed, still no password request on initial startup.

:)

HLFJR, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 13, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Donna Men Win User

Faulty Startup

Hi,

There are few reasons why you encounter this issue. For us to isolate the concern, we suggest that you run a Starup repair by following these steps:

• Simultaneously pressing Shift + click Restart.
    • When the blue screen appear, click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options, then click Startup Repair.
    • Select the OS you want to repair, when prompted.

You will see the Diagnosing your PC that indicates repair is starting, and it will attempt to automatically repair errors.

If repair wasn't successful, a summary window will appear with the log file.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Log in screen does not appear on startup - Similar Threads - Log screen does

2. On screen keyboard doesn't appear on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On screen keyboard doesn't appear on startup: When I turn on my Surface Pro 8 W11 without physical keyboard connected the on screen keyboard doesn't appear and I am not able to sign in. No keyboard icon on the sign in screen neither. Any suggestions?...
  3. On screen keyboard doesn't appear on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On screen keyboard doesn't appear on startup: When I turn on my Surface Pro 8 W11 without physical keyboard connected the on screen keyboard doesn't appear and I am not able to sign in. No keyboard icon on the sign in screen neither. Any suggestions?...
  4. unable to log into startup screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to log into startup screen: I did a Windows update to my computer last night and when it was done, I could not log into the startup screen. It said my password was incorrect. This has happened many times already and I have to go in and undo the updates, then I am able to log in with the password....
  5. Windows 10 logo does not appears at startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 logo does not appears at startup: Hey! Few months back, I bought a new laptop of Asus which came with genuine pre installed Windows 10 home 64 bit. Whenever I boot my laptop ,at first manufacturer's logo appears and then directly it shows welcome screen but Windows 10 logo does not appears after the...
  6. Numbered Menu does not appear in Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbered Menu does not appear in Advanced Startup: Hello and Good Morning to you all. I am sorry to post this here, but I couldn't decide which category would fit this the most. I was trying to disable Driver Signature Enforcement, and after I boot into advanced startup and go to startup settings, and press "Restart", my PC...
  7. No password entering screen appears at log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password entering screen appears at log in screen: Whenever i switches on my everything works fine but at last there is only screen with wallpaper and four option at bottom right corner ...like power button, ease of access, etc .. i even tried safe mode with network prompt where i used my original Microsoft but it shows...
  8. Login screen does not appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen does not appear: Sometimes, like half of the time, when I put my laptop in sleep mode, it fails to wake up enough to display the login screen. I must do a hard restart in order for it to appear so that I may login. Any suggestions? 128995
  9. On screen keyboard appears on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen keyboard appears on startup.: BACKGROUND: I have a new surface pro6 with keyboard cover and a desktop machine. Both run Win10 pro. The Surface pro 6 is a replacement since the first one's WIFI system failed. At some point when setting up the original SP6, I must have clicked something which allowed...
  10. Change Monitor that Startup Screen Appears On

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Monitor that Startup Screen Appears On: Hello everyone! I've just recently installed Windows 10 and I've been quite impressed. I've been able to iron out almost all of the little glitches that come with upgrading. Except for one. My computer has four monitors. The primary one (28" 4K) is in the center. It's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. log in page doesnt appear during start up

2. windows 10 sign on does not appear on start up