Windows 10: Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop

Discus and support Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So my laptop Lenovo ideapad 320 crashed, reset itself and began doing an update. Once the update finished, it reset itself again and the time/date... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CameronBellamy1, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop

So my laptop Lenovo ideapad 320 crashed, reset itself and began doing an update. Once the update finished, it reset itself again and the time/date screen came up as normal.

Then, when I click to advance to the log-in screen, it jumps back to the time/date screen and therefore I'm unable to access and log in to the desktop.

I have tried resetting a few times to see if it changes but to no avail.

I'm assuming the update might have corrupted something? Just wondered if there's any way of fixing this issue?

Thanks.

:)

CameronBellamy1, Mar 23, 2021
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 23, 2021
  3. WhyMe Win User
    Win 10 not opening to log in screen.

You mean this yeah? (It's called a 'Lock Screen' by the way) Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop :)
    Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop [​IMG]

• What picture appears?
    • Are you saying you don't actually reach the 'log in' screen?
    • That you are unable to either log in or access Windows 10?

Edit: Welcome to the forum Loggo Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop :)

WhyMe, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop

Black screen on Windows 10, unable to log-in with error: "Preapring Automatic Repair"

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing black screen errors and unable to log-in.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

As a workaround, I suggest you to remove all the external devices being connected (except mouse and keyboard), try hard reboot the device and check the status of this issue.

As you are unable to log-in to the desktop with black screen, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps provided in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems (click on
    Black screen and not signed in to Windows 10)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop

1. Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop - Similar Threads - Log screen issue

2. Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In: We have a user who began experiencing a log in screen after logging in. They said it happened twice. They screen grabbed it the second time. It definitely appears to be Malware or a Virus, as the layout is off and it's missing elements. We are currently running an antivirus...
  3. Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In: We have a user who began experiencing a log in screen after logging in. They said it happened twice. They screen grabbed it the second time. It definitely appears to be Malware or a Virus, as the layout is off and it's missing elements. We are currently running an antivirus...
  4. Log in Screen Appearing Over Desktop After Log In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Log in then it goes back to login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in then it goes back to login screen: I don't know what is going on but everytime I try to login it sends me back to the login screen. I can login the password is correct and it gets in but it kicks me off after that....
  6. unable to log into startup screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to log into startup screen: I did a Windows update to my computer last night and when it was done, I could not log into the startup screen. It said my password was incorrect. This has happened many times already and I have to go in and undo the updates, then I am able to log in with the password....
  7. Blue screen at log in unable to access files on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen at log in unable to access files on pc: When I try to log in to my user account on our pc, I no longer get the photo - I just get the blue screen. It is very slow to load windows after that - get a message saying something like 'preparing windows' . When it has finished, I can't see/access any of my files on the...
  8. Log in Screen Issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in Screen Issue: Hello, I hope someone can help me with this So, I had opened my computer and it had an email address that I dont know of as the default email to access my computer. With that email in the way it doesnt allow me to sign on to the computer or access it. From what I see,...
  9. Log in screen issue

Log in screen issue: Hello, i am using my microsoft account to sign into my windows 10 PC, but at the log in screen it only shows my microsoft account alias, i want a name instead of that email address shown so it does not tell anyone nearby my email address , how can i stop it from doing that...
  10. Unable to log on at lock screen

Unable to log on at lock screen: I have a new notebook/laptop (JDW). When I first started with it from new, it all went well. Used my log on password on lock screen. Went fine for a couple of days, until the notebook decided to do the v1809 update. From then all I get is "wrong password". At the bottom right...