Windows 10: Log In Screen locked on my Laptop

Discus and support Log In Screen locked on my Laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Help! Just got a new laptop with Windows 10. Trying to get set up. Logged off and when I went to log back in an old log in screen from another... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CathyMcKay1, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Log In Screen locked on my Laptop

Help! Just got a new laptop with Windows 10. Trying to get set up. Logged off and when I went to log back in an old log in screen from another computer I had came up asking for my pin. That screen has been inactive for a long time so I don't know the pin. It also asked for a challenge question which I don't have either. I cannot get past this screen to be able to access my computer. So far no help from Microsoft. Sent email. My microsoft account sign in page came up at one point but that has disappeared and no help beyond that. Any suggestions please!

:)

CathyMcKay1, Mar 22, 2021

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Log In Screen locked on my Laptop

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Log In Screen locked on my Laptop - Similar Threads - Log Screen locked

2. My laptop is stuck on lock screen and wont auto log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop is stuck on lock screen and wont auto log in: I was downloading a game and when its installed i need to restart my laptop, after restarting i was stuck at the lock screen wallpaper and my auto login won't work. I tried restarting over and over also forced restart but nothing happens. Here's a clip of the problem:...
  3. My laptop is stuck on lock screen and wont auto log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck on lock screen and wont auto log in: I was downloading a game and when its installed i need to restart my laptop, after restarting i was stuck at the lock screen wallpaper and my auto login won't work. I tried restarting over and over also forced restart but nothing happens. Here's a clip of the problem:...
  4. My laptop is stuck on lock screen and wont auto log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Log in screen on son's laptop is locked and there are no "sign in options"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in screen on son's laptop is locked and there are no "sign in options": We both have Acer Aspire laptops with windows.Mine will open with a pin sign in and below "I forgot my pin" and "sign in options"My sons says "you've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below and the box says challenge phrase.Once I enter that...
  6. Locked on blurry log in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked on blurry log in screen: Win 10 suddenly wont let me log in. stops at blurry log in screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-on-blurry-log-in-screen/23053dc8-2992-41a1-9b69-3e4b2430b5a9
  7. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen: This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I cannot log in. I have tried to reboot the desktop, change my account’s password, and looked online for help - practically...
  8. My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen.

My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen.: My PC keeps going to the Log In screen/lock screen while I'm doing something. I don't know what to do. I don't have a screen saver or anything but it just keeps doing it....
  9. Unable to log on at lock screen

Unable to log on at lock screen: I have a new notebook/laptop (JDW). When I first started with it from new, it all went well. Used my log on password on lock screen. Went fine for a couple of days, until the notebook decided to do the v1809 update. From then all I get is "wrong password". At the bottom right...
  10. Seperate log-in and lock screen backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Seperate log-in and lock screen backgrounds: I do not want to copy my lock-screen to my log-in screen. I want to place a different image on each one. There are numerous sites on the web telling us how to make the log-in screen appear on the lock screen ( or the other way round - I can never remember which is which, but...