Windows 10: Log-in screen missing after creating checkpoint.

Discus and support Log-in screen missing after creating checkpoint. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have just started using Hyper-V for the first time. I am able to set it up and have my Microsoft Account added into it. After this step, I create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by RK1997, Dec 22, 2019.

1. RK1997 Win User

Log-in screen missing after creating checkpoint.

I have just started using Hyper-V for the first time. I am able to set it up and have my Microsoft Account added into it. After this step, I create a Checkpoint just in case. Just then, after saving it, I can't login inside VM. You can look in the picture. Also, the preview pane (smaller one) at left side indeed shows the lock screen with date and time but not the VM. It isn't showing me the User which by the way doesn't have a password as well. The OS inside Hyper-V is Windows 10 19356.1000 and the host OS is Windows 10 18363.565.

Log-in screen missing after creating checkpoint. [​IMG]

:)

RK1997, Dec 22, 2019
  2. johngalt Win User

Help with VM n Checkpoints pls!!

Can you detail the steps you took in creating a checkpoint?

johngalt, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10  

PowerShell really is a nice tool to be used with Hyper-V.

I see you had used default checkpoint names. I like to rename mine to better remember to what point any checkpoint takes me.

Earlier today I recorded video to be sent to Macrium support. I've had contact with them because an issue with Macrium Reflect CBT and Image Guardian features; they simply break OneDrive Files on Demand feature (OD FOD) in Insider builds 17035 and 17040. To demonstrate it I clean installed W10 on a VM, then reproduced the issue creating checkpoint after each step:

Log-in screen missing after creating checkpoint. [​IMG]

I like doing it so, making a relatively short video now by applying checkpoints one after another, capturing those few seconds from that step I want to show, then applying next checkpoint and so on.

Renaming checkpoints with descriptive names tells me exactly which checkpoint I need to / want to apply.

4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Log-in screen missing after creating checkpoint. - Similar Threads - Log screen missing

2. Windows 10 log-in screen Missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 log-in screen Missing: When I boot, it sends me to the screen. Upon swiping up or pressing Space, I get a blank screen with the wallpaper in the back with 3 buttons in the bottom right with the network button, the accessibility button, and the power button could not upload image due to failure to...
  3. Accounts missing on log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts missing on log in screen: All but one account missing from log in screen. The only one available to login to is my sons so I can’t access any administrator privileges. I need to be able to access the other users. I’ve tried running a few different suggestions but since it’s not an admin account I...
  4. Accounts missing on log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accounts missing on log in screen: All but one account missing from log in screen. The only one available to login to is my sons so I can’t access any administrator privileges. I need to be able to access the other users. I’ve tried running a few different suggestions but since it’s not an admin account I...
  5. Missing accounts in log in screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing accounts in log in screen?: My account does not appear on the log in screen when you start up the computer, and I can't seem to get it to come back. I've activated it in the Command Prompt to no avail, I've checked my family's settings and it says that my account "can sign in", but it doesn't show up,...
  6. Missing accounts in log in screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing accounts in log in screen?: My account does not appear on the log in screen when you start up the computer, and I can't seem to get it to come back. I've activated it in the Command Prompt to no avail, I've checked my family's settings and it says that my account "can sign in", but it doesn't show up,...
  7. Missing accounts in log in screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows 10 log in screen missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 log in screen missing: I have a new Dell laptop (1 month old) - all was working well until today - I have turned on laptop but no log in screen has appeared - just the background with the date and time on the left and just the battery life and wifi icons on the right - will not do anything else -...
  9. BSOD after installing Checkpoint VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing Checkpoint VPN: Hello, please help with this BSOD. It started after unsucessfull installation of Checkpoint VPN client. It apears randomly. I removed Checkpoint VPN client in safe mode, bsod still apears. Thanks 91992
  10. Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10: How to: Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10 How to Create and Use Hyper-V Checkpoints in Windows 10 [img] Note Checkpoint is a powerful Hyper-V feature to easily undo all changes on a virtual machine. You can play with virtual machines testing apps,...