Windows 10: Log in screen on son's laptop is locked and there are no "sign in options"

Discus and support Log in screen on son's laptop is locked and there are no "sign in options" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We both have Acer Aspire laptops with windows.Mine will open with a pin sign in and below "I forgot my pin" and "sign in options"My sons says "you've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jonesrdh, Sep 3, 2021.

1. jonesrdh Win User

We both have Acer Aspire laptops with windows.Mine will open with a pin sign in and below "I forgot my pin" and "sign in options"My sons says "you've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below and the box says challenge phrase.Once I enter that it takes me to the PIN screen with no "I forgot my pin" or "sign in options" How do I recover his pin? He only recalls signing in with a password not a pin

:)

jonesrdh, Sep 3, 2021
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 3, 2021
  4. richfed Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Lock Screen/Log-In Freeze - No Sign In Options in Settings

After today's Cumulative Update, the issue seem like they may be partially resolved:

• Going to Settings-->Accounts-->Sign-in Options now brings up the proper screen, not a blank like the image above. When I choose Add a PIN, I am prompted for my password, but then nothing happens.
    • Lock Screen still has no PIN option, HOWEVER, when I manually choose to Lock my PC, I can now log back in [at least after one try], so that is a major fix!
    • I am now going to re-tick the option in Screensaver Settings to "On Resume, display log-in screen". Time will tell
    BTW, After my PC first rebooted after this update, I tried to manually Lock and sign in again. Rather than the swirling dots, I got my Lock Screen image with only the icons in the lower right corner. I could restart or power down. Clicking elsewhere hung
    the computer on the Lock Screen image - no dots. I restarted. When entering Windows I got a notification that updates finished. Then, I tried the Lock procedure again ... it then worked.

richfed, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Log in screen on son's laptop is locked and there are no "sign in options" - Similar Threads - Log screen son's

2. Add Sign Out option to lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Sign Out option to lock screen?: The 'Switch User' causes a fault with some of our corp apps, so users are required to sign out. But if someone locks a shared PC and goes home, there's no way to sign them out from the Windows 11 lock screen.The only option is 'Switch User' and this is no good. We can hide...
  3. Add Sign Out option to lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Sign Out option to lock screen?: The 'Switch User' causes a fault with some of our corp apps, so users are required to sign out. But if someone locks a shared PC and goes home, there's no way to sign them out from the Windows 11 lock screen.The only option is 'Switch User' and this is no good. We can hide...
  4. SIGN IN OPTION LOCKED BY ORGANIZATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SIGN IN OPTION LOCKED BY ORGANIZATION: when i go to log in it says i cant use face recognition or pin because it been locked by the organization but i don't work for anyone and it my personal laptop....
  5. SIGN IN OPTION LOCKED BY ORGANIZATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SIGN IN OPTION LOCKED BY ORGANIZATION: when i go to log in it says i cant use face recognition or pin because it been locked by the organization but i don't work for anyone and it my personal laptop....
  6. SIGN IN OPTION LOCKED BY ORGANIZATION

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. lock screen sign in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen sign in options: I had a remote desktop in my laptop for work. When I added my work microsoft account I wasn't allowed to use my fingerprint scanner anymore due to organization policies. I recently left the job so I deleted the work microsoft account, and I'm still unable to enter my...
  8. Log In Screen locked on my Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log In Screen locked on my Laptop: Help! Just got a new laptop with Windows 10. Trying to get set up. Logged off and when I went to log back in an old log in screen from another computer I had came up asking for my pin. That screen has been inactive for a long time so I don't know the pin. It also asked...
  9. Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?: Hi, my son's Windows 10 laptop just stopped working all of a sudden. Now, it will boot up, though it's to a Bitlocker screen asking for a 48-character key. I (and he) have no idea what this key is, nor remember installing this feature. MS support pages are no help,...
  10. NO DISPLAY OF SIGN-IN OPTIONS ON WIN 10 LOG-ON SCREEN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NO DISPLAY OF SIGN-IN OPTIONS ON WIN 10 LOG-ON SCREEN: recently, my windows no longer display the sign-in option so I can select which method to log on with. just the usual enter password. so I'm unable to use my hello PIN or picture etc to log on. hoe do I fix that?...