Windows 10: log in screen says "Provide a PIN" but the box to type in the pin is missing

Discus and support log in screen says "Provide a PIN" but the box to type in the pin is missing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to use Chrome remote desktop to access my Windows 10 computer. The log in screen says provide a PIN but the box to enter a PIN is missing.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chas2003, Jun 2, 2020.

1. chas2003 Win User

log in screen says "Provide a PIN" but the box to type in the pin is missing

I want to use Chrome remote desktop to access my Windows 10 computer. The log in screen says provide a PIN but the box to enter a PIN is missing. Sending <cntl><alt><delete> or pressing OK both do nothing. It used to work fine. The other day the box was there but it would not take keyboard input. We got past that probably by connecting the Monitor again. log in screen says "Provide a PIN" but the box to type in the pin is missing 453da2a1-9bc3-43cd-91a8-fc33a27c4e41?upload=true.jpg

:)

chas2003, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Chigwells Win User

Can't type in PIN number when logging back in to Lock Screen

Hi everyone, occasionally when I return to my pc and want to log back in, I am not able to type any letters. I click into the log-in box but no characters are typed in. Whether it is the PIN or Password screen, no characters appear. To be clear, it does not do it every time, mostly I can log back in no problem.

Can anyone suggest a remedy? Many thanks, Chig.

Chigwells, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Jun 2, 2020
  4. log in screen says "Provide a PIN" but the box to type in the pin is missing

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. log in screen says "Provide a PIN" but the box to type in the pin is missing - Similar Threads - log screen says

2. Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.: It sucks that i have to disturb a person for a question that is asked thousands of times. I've tried looking at other posts, however they didn't help with my problem. During log in, i've tried using my keyboard and the on screen keyboard, yet to no avail; it didn't work. I've...
  3. Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.: It sucks that i have to disturb a person for a question that is asked thousands of times. I've tried looking at other posts, however they didn't help with my problem. During log in, i've tried using my keyboard and the on screen keyboard, yet to no avail; it didn't work. I've...
  4. Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pin screen can't type

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin screen can't type: I forgot my computer's PIN but I remembered my account password, so I clicked on forgot password there, a screen asking for the password opens but I can't type it at all, my keyboard is working and I've already tried using the virtual keyboard and no letters come out...
  6. Pin screen can't type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin screen can't type: I forgot my computer's PIN but I remembered my account password, so I clicked on forgot password there, a screen asking for the password opens but I can't type it at all, my keyboard is working and I've already tried using the virtual keyboard and no letters come out...
  7. Screen stuck on "Provide a Pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen stuck on "Provide a Pin": My computer is stuck on the provide a pin page and when I click the okay button nothing happens. I have followed the steps from a previous question someone posted having the same issue however none I just run into more issues. 1st the reset this PC button doesn't do anything,...
  8. Screen stuck on "Provide a Pin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen stuck on "Provide a Pin": My computer is stuck on the provide a pin page and when I click the okay button nothing happens. I have followed the steps from a previous question someone posted having the same issue however none I just run into more issues. 1st the reset this PC button doesn't do anything,...
  9. "Provide a PIN" screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Provide a PIN" screen: I was using my device normaly after logging off and shutting down, I went to bed. I did not update, uninstall, or do anything out of the ordinary. However, the next day, there was a message saying "Provide a PIN." Underneath that, there was a button which said "OK" However...
  10. Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 on Laptop - Can't type my password/PIN in Log-in box: A couple of times in the past week, when I started my Laptop (a Dell Latitude E6400) with Win 10 build 10166, the login screen/page comes up (shows my Picture, name and has a place to enter my PIN) but I can't select the box to enter the PIN. I can move/see the mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. provide a pin