Windows 10: Log-in Screen stays on "Looking for you..."

Discus and support Log-in Screen stays on "Looking for you..." in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently, my login screen has been stuck on "looking for you..." The "eye" remains animated and never stops, no matter how long I wait. Previously,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ganotisic, Jan 10, 2019.

1. ganotisic Win User

Log-in Screen stays on "Looking for you..."

Recently, my login screen has been stuck on "looking for you..." The "eye" remains animated and never stops, no matter how long I wait. Previously, the Log-in screen will do the "looking for you..." sequence, and after about 10-20 seconds, it will stop and ask for a password or pin.

What's going on... and how do I fix this?

:)

ganotisic, Jan 10, 2019

2. Staying logged on

Thank you - that seems to have solved my problem. (But why could I not have been told this in the first place (rather than requiring me to look for "lower right hand corner select Screen Saver" direct from the Personalisation screen?!(

MichaelAyresS, Jan 10, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Log-in Screen stays on "Looking for you..."

Staying logged on

Thank you for that information.

If you want to stay logged in to your computer, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.
    • Click on Screen timeout settings.
    • From there you can now change the settings to Never.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Log-in Screen stays on "Looking for you..."

1. Log-in Screen stays on "Looking for you..." - Similar Threads - Log Screen stays

2. Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.: Hi. So I have a recently purchased Asus TUF A-15 Gaming laptop with Nvidia RTX 3050 and Ryzen 7 with pre-installed Windows 11. It was working fine until recently when I updated the windows. Following the update, the screen goes black immediately after login but power stays on...
  3. Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.: Hi. So I have a recently purchased Asus TUF A-15 Gaming laptop with Nvidia RTX 3050 and Ryzen 7 with pre-installed Windows 11. It was working fine until recently when I updated the windows. Following the update, the screen goes black immediately after login but power stays on...
  4. Windows 11 Surface Pro 8 wakes and stays on windows is looking for you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Surface Pro 8 wakes and stays on windows is looking for you: I have an issue with windows 11 on my surface pro 8 and window hello.Randomly windows hello will activate and windows hello seems to be looking for me. This will activate the surface screen and my external monitor connected via my surface dock.The problem seems to be this...
  5. Windows 11 Surface Pro 8 wakes and stays on windows is looking for you

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Surface Pro 8 wakes and stays on windows is looking for you: I have an issue with windows 11 on my surface pro 8 and window hello.Randomly windows hello will activate and windows hello seems to be looking for me. This will activate the surface screen and my external monitor connected via my surface dock.The problem seems to be this...
  6. Stay logged in to MS account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stay logged in to MS account: hello! I unchecked the netplwiz option to remove sign in after i start my laptop for my account admin but now every time i access my device i have to log in to my ms account for edge, etc.. and each time it asks me to verify my account by entering my password. How can i stay...
  7. Log-in Screen Image Won't Stay Set Properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log-in Screen Image Won't Stay Set Properly: Hi, I'm having an issue with the image on the sign-in screen displaying properly, I'm currently running Version 21H1, Build 19043.899, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3030.0. I go into the settings area and choose the image that I desire to see when my computer boots...
  8. Won't stay logged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't stay logged in: I'm running Windows 10 and for about 2 weeks now, I can't stay logged in to anything. I used to stay logged into sites like YouTube, Facebook< Pinterest. All the sites I frequent, I was always signed in. Now for some reason, every time I start my laptop and start EDGE, I have...
  9. to stay logged in with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    to stay logged in with windows 10: I have windows 10 and last week I updated my Microsoft. Since then I have to log in every time I open my computer and I do not want that. I want to stay logged on. There is only my husband and myself in the house so I we do not need this feature. How can I switch to the way...
  10. stay logged in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    stay logged in: How do I stay logged in, until I am ready to log out ie where is the setting ? 43644

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows login looking for you