Windows 10: LOG IN TO WINDOWS 10 WITH A YUBICO 5C NFC USB KEY

Discus and support LOG IN TO WINDOWS 10 WITH A YUBICO 5C NFC USB KEY in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wanted to hackproof my Home Windows 10 Desktop which used a local password against hackers without having to type in a 16 -20 character password so I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertFranch, Oct 17, 2020.

1. LOG IN TO WINDOWS 10 WITH A YUBICO 5C NFC USB KEY

I wanted to hackproof my Home Windows 10 Desktop which used a local password against hackers without having to type in a 16 -20 character password so I thought configuring my Windows log in to require a YUBIO 5C NFC USB KEY would be a way to keep my windows log in password to a reasonable length .

I found this very good how to video on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkKQgsGzk2o entitled "

YUBIKEY WINDOWS 10 LOGIN" and I made careful notes >.HOWEVER THE AMAZON REVIEWS ABOUT USING THE 5C NFC TO LOG INTO WINDOWS 10 WERE SO NEGATIVE ! Is this because people di not study teh above video before attempting to install the Yubico software for 64 bit windows ? or is the Yubico >< Windows 10 relationship still too glitchy to trust this yet . It seems as long as you Log into windows using a "LOCAL pass word " and not your Online Microsoft Account password that the YUBICO 5C NFC USB KEY works well logging into your home windows 10 computer and my password and account name are local and I do not use Windows Hello.. But when I went to amazon to buy the required YUBICO 5C NFC USB KEY the reviews that mentioned using it to log into Windows 10 were mostly negative
    one of the few positive amazon reviews dated june 28 2020 said " If you are planning to use his key as a way to log into Windows, then it can be a challenge to setup. Took me a bit since there is a learning curve but overall I’m very happy with this product. Makes me feel good that my logins are secure"

but most were like this :

Save yourself from a nightmare
    By New York Shopper on April 26, 2020Believe me, this is not what you imagine. This device is not user friendly, and if you don't know how to get into safe mode to unlock your windows account, don't even think about it.
    You will spend hours reading documentation searching for information for you specific operating system and learning OTP, FIDO2, etc.
    This is also not your password manager.
    And last thing, widows 10 do not accept it as a login device, you will need to install their proprietary software.

Perhaps I should just rely on ,my new router aTP-Link SafeStream TL-R600VPN which has built in VPN , SPI firewall and DoS defense plus a 16-20 character passwords until reviews about the YUBICO 5C NFC USB KEY logging into windows 10 turn more positiveBTW how DOES one start windows 10 in safe mode if they are locked out of it in order to unlock it ?

:)

RobertFranch, Oct 17, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

ASUS Announces NFC Express USB 3.0 NFC Receiver

Turn your PC into an NFC-enabled system with ASUS' brand new USB 3.0 NFC receiver 'NFC EXPRESS'. Corresponding to the ASUS motherboards, the device allows you to manipulate your PC with smartphones equipped with NFC, and you can log in to Windows 8 with NFC tag attached to it. It also allows you transfer photos and videos that are stored in the tablet or NFC smartphone to the PC by simply holding the NFC receiver. In terms of specs, the NFC EXPRESS is equipped with a USB 3.0 connection interface and a 2-port USB 3.0 hub.

The NFC EXPRESS accessory has added a sensor box to the mix, this being the spot where you'll be tapping your smartphones to pair with your NFC EXPRESS-laden ASUS Z87 motherboard. This device connects to your PC with its two USB 3.0 ports and allows password-free Windows 8 login, automatic data syncing, and again, Remote Desktop connectivity - which we're especially interested in seeing due to the relative lack of dedicated services as such in the Android world aside services like SplashTop.

The NFC EXPRESS accessory ships with the Z87-DELUXE/DUAL motherboard but can also be purchased separately.

With ASUS 8 Series motherboards, one tap gets your PC going! Cable-free transfer of photos and videos from your NFC-supporting smart devices to your PC - Works with NFC-compatible smart devices to enable Wi-Fi GO! Remote Desktop with no additional settings needed. Quick launch apps, games, and web sites from a smart device. Tap to quickly log into Windows 8 with no password required. Elegant and sleek ASUS NFC Express box comes with two extra USB 3.0 ports.

btarunr, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Yubico Login for Windows Now Generally Available

Source: Yubico Login for Windows Now Generally Available | Yubico

How to Set Up Security Key to Log into Apps in Windows 10

How to Set Up Security Key to Sign in to Microsoft Account in Microsoft Edge

Brink, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Google USB-C Titan Security Keys in partnership with Yubico

Source: https://security.googleblog.com/2019...available.html

Brink, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. LOG IN TO WINDOWS 10 WITH A YUBICO 5C NFC USB KEY - Similar Threads - LOG YUBICO NFC

2. Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.: So my YubiKey security key may have been initially been installed on a different computer with my same username Microsoft account shows these two completely separate computers but this configuration neither authenticated via pin with my former install of windows on the...
  3. Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.: So my YubiKey security key may have been initially been installed on a different computer with my same username Microsoft account shows these two completely separate computers but this configuration neither authenticated via pin with my former install of windows on the...
  4. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?: I bought a Yubico Security Key for MFA on my Nord Account password manager. I have installed the key in Nord but when I try to use it a dialog box opens. I have a screenshot but it will not upload. The dialog says:Windows SecurityMasking sure it's you.Please sign in to...
  5. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?: I bought a Yubico Security Key for MFA on my Nord Account password manager. I have installed the key in Nord but when I try to use it a dialog box opens. I have a screenshot but it will not upload. The dialog says:Windows SecurityMasking sure it's you.Please sign in to...
  6. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows Login NFC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Login NFC: Hi,Could you please help me out with this technical question from my named partner. The situation is as follows:Partner is working on a project in which it is required to login a user without put a password on system, based on “token”. They have seen that Windows 11 can do...
  8. Windows Login NFC

Windows Login NFC: Hi,Could you please help me out with this technical question from my named partner. The situation is as follows:Partner is working on a project in which it is required to login a user without put a password on system, based on “token”. They have seen that Windows 11 can do...
  9. New Google USB-C Titan Security Keys in partnership with Yubico

in Windows 10 News
    New Google USB-C Titan Security Keys in partnership with Yubico: Securing access to online accounts is critical for safeguarding private, financial, and other sensitive data online. Phishing - where an attacker tries to trick you into giving them your username and password - is one of the most common causes of data breaches. To protect...
  10. NFC LOG ON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NFC LOG ON: Hi, How to set up NFC log on in windows 10 ? , pls advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/nfc-log-on/580fabb8-263e-4e35-a65b-82d4ecae9066"