Windows 10: Log In/Unlock PIN

Discus and support Log In/Unlock PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello There With my new HP Laptop running W10 Home I have met with this trouble on returning from a journey after 12 days. I had a PIN. When I put... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ramuettan, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Ramuettan Win User

Hello There

With my new HP Laptop running W10 Home I have met with this trouble on returning from a journey after 12 days.

I had a PIN. When I put that, it's returned as incorrect. When I changed log in option to MS Ac and key the Password common across other devices, the System says it's incorrect.

Then I accessed the NSAc with the same password without any problem.

When I tried to reset the PIN, a window pops up asking for a USB drive. When plugged in, it pops up another window saying it doesn't have the information on it. So I suppose, something is happening out of the way.

I can't do anything even after I visited the MS Account page for help. Any clues please, so I can access the machine? Thanks.

:)

Ramuettan, Oct 30, 2019

2. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Log In/Unlock PIN

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Log In/Unlock PIN - Similar Threads - Log Unlock PIN

2. Can't unlock/log in to my pc with pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't unlock/log in to my pc with pin.: "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."So I can't unlock my Device 1 desktop. I know the pin I normally use but I'm not allowed to use it until i use my password on...
  3. Can't unlock/log in to my pc with pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unlock/log in to my pc with pin.: "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."So I can't unlock my Device 1 desktop. I know the pin I normally use but I'm not allowed to use it until i use my password on...
  4. Can't unlock/log in to my pc with pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unlock Laptop pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock Laptop pin: forgot my laptop pin and I’m unable to login to my outlook account even though I know the email password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-laptop-pin/57808229-5a2a-4c90-b7f6-1f45d5acd3c3
  6. Unlock Laptop pin

Unlock Laptop pin: forgot my laptop pin and I’m unable to login to my outlook account even though I know the email password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-laptop-pin/57808229-5a2a-4c90-b7f6-1f45d5acd3c3
  7. account unlock, cannot log in .

account unlock, cannot log in .: cannot log in to my account and the verification e-mail is type wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-unlock-cannot-log-in/b8d26b5e-7ff4-4781-8a1d-e2cdcc2997bc
  8. Unlock bitlocker with just a pin

Unlock bitlocker with just a pin: Here's the problem, i selected option "Do not require to save recovery key before encrypting volume with Bitlocker" i only have Pin and TPM, what to do? I did not save it. Don't have time for this anymore....
  9. Pin and Unlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin and Unlocking: So, I recently got a new laptop, and I thought the pin feature was very useful. However, when I got onto it the other day, it restarted every time I turned it on and asked for my password. When I try to turn the pin back on, Settings says "This option is currently...
  10. Pin and Unlocking

Pin and Unlocking: So, I recently got a new laptop, and I thought the pin feature was very useful. However, when I got onto it the other day, it restarted every time I turned it on and asked for my password. When I try to turn the pin back on, Settings says "This option is currently...