Windows 10: Log in with multiple users on the same computer

Discus and support Log in with multiple users on the same computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are three users on my computer, one admin & the other two standard users (no admin privilege). When one user logs on and then logs off of, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottHollander, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Log in with multiple users on the same computer

There are three users on my computer, one admin & the other two standard users (no admin privilege).

When one user logs on and then logs off of, a message appears "another user is logged on ….. data will be lost.

The other user did not log on, so how did that other user get logged on?

:)

ScottHollander, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Ptep Win User

Multiple users on multiple workstations with one computer?

I think you might be confusing yourself with something called Terminal Services, although this requires a Windows Server operating system, and more than one computer - it does allow for multiple users 'desktops' to be stored on the main machine.
    As far as connecting more than one monitor, keyboard/mouse etc im not sure its possible, certainly not on windows xp or vista as they allow for no more than one user to be logged in at the same time (ignoring fast user switching, thats still not truly simultaneous like it would be on terminal services).

Ptep, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 PIN Log in, logs in multiple users

Hi Adrian,

Corruption within your user profiles is one of the possible causes why you are experiencing the login issue. We'd like to know more about your concern so we can come up with an effective resolution. Kindly provide the answers to the following questions:

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using the same PIN for both user accounts?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?
    • Are you using a Virtual Private Network?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. This tool will automatically repair the components of your Windows operating system and records the corruptions to the log file. To run the DISM tool, follow these
    steps:

• Press Windows key+ X, then click on Command Prompt (Admin). If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type DISM /Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth, then hit Enter.
    • Once the scan is finished, restart your computer.

Note: While running the DISM tool on your computer, if any bad sectors are found on the system, data loss might occur. We suggest that you backup your files before running DISM.

After running the DISM tool, it is recommended to run the System File Checker
    tool. It is a utility that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system and restore corrupted files. The link contains further information about how to run the System File Checker tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 3, 2019
  4. CDummy Win User

WIndows 10 Lock Screen Multiple User List

For computer with multiple users, former version reflected last user logged in vs. listing all users. I do not want all user names displayed when I turn on computer. Is there any way to adjust screen to not display?

CDummy, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Log in with multiple users on the same computer - Similar Threads - Log multiple users

2. Multiple users access the same PC simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple users access the same PC simultaneously?: Hi I want Multiple users to access the same PC simultaneously in different locations. How it is possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-access-the-same-pc-simultaneously/dc10869c-1597-4553-b093-8adbe0c21295
  3. Multiple passwords on the same user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple passwords on the same user?: Is it possible? submitted by /u/Baselmagdy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn2o1u/multiple_passwords_on_the_same_user/
  4. Multiple Users Share same Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Share same Desktop: All, I have a test system that must run 24/7. These long tests cannot be interrupted by multiple users logging in at begging of shifts. Currently the testers use the same login and password. We need to identify which user is on the system. Is there a way for multiple...
  5. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  6. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  7. Same screensaver on multiple computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Same screensaver on multiple computers: We already had a laptop with Windows 10, and I recently bought a second computer also with Windows 10. After powering up the new one several times I noticed that it had somehow adopted the same screensaver as the laptop had, presumably through the internet or at least locally...
  8. multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?: Is it OK to have 2 or 3 computers with the same xxxx.outlook .com log in credentials? Would it confuse matters for example computer #1 runs on Windows 10 Home with Office 2013 Home and Business and computer #2 has Windows 10 Pro with Office 2013 Home and Student? Would it be...
  9. Hello: same user, multiple accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hello: same user, multiple accounts?: I use Windows Hello to log into multiple accounts (Work, Home, etc.) When I turn on the computer it automatically tries to log me into Work. Can I stop it from choosing which account I am to use? When I am logged into Work and I try to log into Home, the computer often shows...
  10. Need the same user experience regardless of user logged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need the same user experience regardless of user logged in: I am trying to set up a few windows 10 PC's that will have different users logged in at times. I am wanting to uninstall all the unnecessary apps, such as 3D Builder, Code Writer, Eclipse Manager etc. for all users without having to go in the first time they each log in to...